S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old May 9th, 2017, 06:21 PM   #1
gsloop

Default 125mm wheel info compendium

This thread is for holding the current details of 125mm wheels.

Here's the list I've made from reports from other people. [I've not skated many of these wheels, so I'm just compiling the data I've seen as best I can.] Corrections, additions etc are very welcome - but please no third/fourth-hand data. Please report only what you know first-hand from having skated the wheel yourself. [Or perhaps a report from a friend who directly skated them. But not a friend of a friend who knows a guy who was related to some dude who saw a cute spandex-wearing chick who skated them.]

If you want to simply discuss 125 wheels, why not use the following thread, rather than cluttering this one up?
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...t=54104&page=4

I'll update this list as I can.

Last updated: 2017.05.09
===

Outdoor
---
Matter G13: excellent
Matter CodeWhite: Excellent
Matter: One20Five: Quite good-to-excellent
Matter: One20Five: *LTE* substantially worse than the, now standard, One20Five
MPC [Black magic?]: Very Good-to-Excellent
RollX X-Road: Middling Good.
Atom Boom Road 125: Middling Good.
Mota 125 Hybrid: Mostly unknown, but reported to have a short life where they perform well. [And perhaps manufactured poorly.]
MPC [Street fight]: Kinda dog-ish, not great. [This isn't a dual-band wheel.]

===

Indoor
---
Matter Code White
Matter G13 [Reportedly short life, break-down quickly.]
Matter One20Five
Lethal X F2 (green)
Bont Red Magic Hardcore (aluminum hubs)
Atom Boom Road 125: Not great. Slow. [Or pretty awful, depending on who is talking... "horrid roll and spoke vibration"]
Mota 125 Hybrid: Mostly unknown, but reported to have a short life where they perform well. [And perhaps manufactured poorly.]
???

Notes: With the Matter wheels indoors, it depends on the length of the race that dictates what wheels I use. Short races are the One20Five. The band in the One20Five tends to get rubbery in longer indoor races. G13 wheels are awesome when new, but seems to break down quickly.

---
Hope that's useful to people looking at wheels.
Old May 10th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #2
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Remember that there are a lot of factors in determining wheel preference. I find the biggest being user weight.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #3
reely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsloop View Post
This thread is for holding the current details of 125mm wheels.

Here's the list I've made from reports from other people. [I've not skated many of these wheels, so I'm just compiling the data I've seen as best I can.] Corrections, additions etc are very welcome - but please no third/fourth-hand data. Please report only what you know first-hand from having skated the wheel yourself. [Or perhaps a report from a friend who directly skated them. But not a friend of a friend who knows a guy who was related to some dude who saw a cute spandex-wearing chick who skated them.]

If you want to simply discuss 125 wheels, why not use the following thread, rather than cluttering this one up?
http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...t=54104&page=4

I'll update this list as I can.

Last updated: 2017.05.09
===

Outdoor
---
Matter G13: excellent
Matter CodeWhite: Excellent
Matter: One20Five: Quite good-to-excellent
Matter: One20Five: *LTE* substantially worse than the, now standard, One20Five
MPC [Black magic?]: Very Good-to-Excellent
RollX X-Road: Middling Good.
Atom Boom Road 125: Middling Good.
MPC [Street fight]: Kinda dog-ish, not great. [This isn't a dual-band wheel.]

===

Indoor
---
Matter Code White
Matter G13 [Reportedly short life, break-down quickly.]
Matter One20Five
Lethal X F2 (green)
Bont Red Magic Hardcore (aluminum hubs)
Atom Boom Road 125: Not great. Slow. [Or pretty awful, depending on who is talking... "horrid roll and spoke vibration"]
???

Notes: With the Matter wheels indoors, it depends on the length of the race that dictates what wheels I use. Short races are the One20Five. The band in the One20Five tends to get rubbery in longer indoor races. G13 wheels are awesome when new, but seems to break down quickly.

---
Hope that's useful to people looking at wheels.
Hey gsloop, thanks again for your work on this. No second hand info here. The Matter Lethal x is the only indoor wheel. Without question they earned several titles at idn. When skating slick indoor floors the outdoor wheels do work. I have skated every premium wheel on the list and 90% of the cheap stuff. All of the cheap ones are simply training wheels imo.

You get what ya pay for. Even at $30+ ea, both MPC and Matter (banded) have held up for many, many, many miles, and they still out perform the wheels selling for less (unbanded). So...if someone is looking to try 125s, the true value/performance is in the more expensive wheels.

If i had skated the cheaper wheels to begin with, I'd still be on 110s.

Spring, TX.
reely? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2017, 02:31 PM   #4
reely?

Fyi, Atom Sub 7 125s showed up at a regional championship in NC. Looks to be the same pu as their 100/110s.

They may be prototypes, but nonetheless another reputable player.

Spring, TX.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 05:14 PM   #5
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reely? View Post
Fyi, Atom Sub 7 125s showed up at a regional championship in NC. Looks to be the same pu as their 100/110s.

They may be prototypes, but nonetheless another reputable player.
I hope they fixed the spoke vibration that the the Boom Road has. Maybe the harder indoor compound will dampen it a little.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 04:57 AM   #6
reely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboucher View Post
I hope they fixed the spoke vibration that the the Boom Road has. Maybe the harder indoor compound will dampen it a little.
Boom road is a mid/low end wheel made to sell to those who wanna try 125s. To me they felt like marshmallows, way too soft/sluggish.Boom road compared to Boom majic, it's not even close. But neither are that good indoor when the floor is in ok condition.

Idk about any spoke issues with sub 7, but watched one of the tallest, heaviest indoor skaters in the US win his regional division on them convincingly. So I'll assume the hubs don't flex that much and feedback from the skater is they roll and control suprisingly well, we'll see. But...looks like us 125 huggers will have another indoor option soon.

Spring, TX.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 12:15 PM   #7
spdkls

Quote:
Originally Posted by reely? View Post
Idk about any spoke issues with sub 7, but watched one of the tallest, heaviest indoor skaters in the US win his regional division on them convincingly. So I'll assume the hubs don't flex that much and feedback from the skater is they roll and control suprisingly well, we'll see. But...looks like us 125 huggers will have another indoor option soon.
Yeah, I tried to watch the video on his timeline but got vertigo from it. Hint...it was sideways. Because people still don't know how to use a cell phone camera.
spdkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 02:58 PM   #8
reely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkls View Post
Yeah, I tried to watch the video on his timeline but got vertigo from it. Hint...it was sideways. Because people still don't know how to use a cell phone camera.
Ha ha, in the 49 sec range. Still not a blistering race for g classic, but considering how big Houston is and Vinnie's no slouch. So they've got my interest.

I may do fb live for some division finals, i don't have to skate. But don't beat me up for my lack of video skills. Maybe it'll be better than my 2017 Emerald Coast Challenge youtube footage?

Spring, TX.