S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:31 AM   #1
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Default playing Pickleball and 'masterful hairsplitting'

I play pickleball. During social games and self-regulated tournament play the players themselves call balls in or out. Our rule is 'if you cannot clearly and decisively call it out it is in'.

Today, relative to the U.S. Senate hearing in which William Barr sat for questioning, it seems Trump's behavior is clearly and decisively not 'in'... but by convention is not allowed to be called 'out'.

Where the heck does this leave us as a country of law & order?
Old May 2nd, 2019, 07:51 PM   #2
Dec8rSk8r

Well if we are going by pickleball rules, it sounds like it is in. I don't know though, what a mess. I wish we could just move on instead of dragging this Mueller investigation out indefinitely. There is another election coming up in about 18 months, and if the American public wants him out, that's the time. I figure it will be him and Biden and whoever runs as an independent. I think if the democratic vote is split for Bernie or whoever, that will be a bad thing for the Democrats. I am glad the talk about the infrastructure went well. They need to just get busy doing something other than fighting amongst themselves.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2019, 05:28 PM   #3
ursle
Street Skater

As Trump's campaign is quilty of asking for and then assisting Russia in the hacking of material to assist the Trump Campaigns winning the WH, and supplying intelligence about exactly which districts in which states to aim their social media attacks at, and pointing out exactly which districts in which states to attack the voting apparatus, and then obstructing a federal agency which was investigating the Russian activity, aided by the Trump Campaign, And now...declairing that the matter is over...I rather don't think the Mueller Report is going away any time soon.

Trump is flaunting the Constitution in several ways, migration, lgbtq, and now, he's ignoring Congress which is Constitutionally Mandated to oversee the Judiciary Branch and the White House.

Last time Trump made a deal with Schumer and Pelosi, it was broken by Trump the next day, we can only hope an infrastructure agreement that is sane may happen, knock on wood.

I hope they get busy and start hauling Trump and his Constitution breaking band of outlaws in front of Congress, and I hope that the Republican Senate gets voted out in 2020, the Republican Senate voted yesterday not to over-ride Trumps veto of the Congressional vote to stop helping Saudi Arabia commit genocide, now Trump wants to call the Muslem Brotherhood a terrorist organization, which is what Russia wants, Another case of Trump carrying out Russian policy.

No, let's not let the Mueller report go away, let's drag all the Traitors into court and let them serve the time they deserve, or be ostracized deservedly.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:51 PM   #4
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Well if we are going by pickleball rules, it sounds like it is in. ...
You seem to not understand the quirk here. Trump's ball is "in" only because it is not allowed to be called "out" (cannot indict sitting president).
Old May 4th, 2019, 12:37 AM   #5
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
You seem to not understand the quirk here. Trump's ball is "in" only because it is not allowed to be called "out" (cannot indict sitting president).
How quaint, another man trying to tell me what I don't understand.
Old May 4th, 2019, 12:55 AM   #6
bjvircks
Major Trouble

gender has nothing at all to do with my comment... I am saddened that YOU seem to see it that way and chose to play that card.
Old May 4th, 2019, 02:10 AM   #7
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
gender has nothing at all to do with my comment... I am saddened that YOU seem to see it that way and chose to play that card.
As I am sorry you immediately assume I didn't understand the gist of what you were saying.
Old May 4th, 2019, 02:33 AM   #8
bjvircks
Major Trouble

my apologies. mea culpa.
Old May 4th, 2019, 04:13 PM   #9
ursle
Street Skater

Let's get something straight here.

Trump is a Russian asset, in the last week he has declared the Muslim Brotherhood to be a Terrorist Organization, he has reversed the US position concerning Venezuela and he just spent an hour in private conversation with Putin, his handler. Trump is doing more to advance Russia on the world stage then Russia is.

Anyone that defends Trump either doesn't understand the facts...or is complicit in letting Russia dictate US policy.