S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old March 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #1
mtcooper

Default In Search of Metaflex Dragsters

I am getting back into sk8ing after a long dry stint (teaching my 2 year old to sk8) and have a pair that I would like to rebuild the way I bought them. I know I have no hope of replacing the kangaroo hyde boot that they originally sported but am looking for a set of Metaflex Dragsters (precision), preferably the yellow composite. I have contacted Metaflex in Canada but they told me that they do not even have the molds anymore as they were lost durring a move. I'm rebuilding these to cira 1976 ie using the urathane as opposed to the Big D Maples that I also bought with the skates. I'ld like to be able to pull them out and use them from time to time as my second pair. Sorry for being so long winded but my kids tell me I do that when I'm talking about "glory days". Long story short (I know, too late), Does anyone know where someone could lay their hands on a set of precision Metaflex Dragsters, preferably in yellow?
mtcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #2
quadbob

Default why

i guess my first question is why! there are plenty of cheaper wheels that will out preform the old dragsters. although they were pretty cool in the day. but unless you can find them cheap i'd just get a inexpensive wheel with a nylon or plastic hub. is it a clearance issue. what plate are they going on.
quadbob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Live2sk888
Skate Whisperer

I'm pretty sure I have some yellow ones, but I won't be able to check for a couple weeks til I'm back in FL. If I do find some, I'll let you know!
Live2sk888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #4
mtcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbob View Post
i guess my first question is why! there are plenty of cheaper wheels that will out preform the old dragsters. although they were pretty cool in the day. but unless you can find them cheap i'd just get a inexpensive wheel with a nylon or plastic hub. is it a clearance issue. what plate are they going on.
quadbob.
I skated these XK-4 plates in Lincoln "76" with yellow Metaflex Dragsters, fafnir 8balls, and Hyde kangaroo boots. just trying to jet them back, as close as possible, to how I skated them. True, not a great combo by today's standards but I liked it in the day and a short wheel can make up for a lot of rusty form. I've got new primary sk8s, Cararra boots, XK-4 singles, Hyper Cannibals, Bones Swiss. These are really going to be sk8ed when I get together with old friends that I skated with back "then".
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #5
mtcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2sk888 View Post
I'm pretty sure I have some yellow ones, but I won't be able to check for a couple weeks til I'm back in FL. If I do find some, I'll let you know!
Please do let me know, Thanks!!!

Old March 17th, 2008, 01:05 AM   #6
ncsk8rgirl
Discovered SEDS on 1/1/08

I have about 7 sets of new in the box yellows.
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #7
quadbob

Default understood

now i get it. i'm the same way, still looking for the stuff i had back in the day. but it's proving harder to find then your metalflex though.
good luck and i hope you enjoy.
speaking of nationals, quad national is open now and in lincoln this year. and we need to see ya there. come, it will be a good time.
quadbob.
quadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #8
Barracuda

Default Vintage METAFLEX DRAGSTER Skateboard Roller Skate Wheel

ebay
Barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #9
mtcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post

Thank You Sir!