S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #41
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
I certainly dont think immunity is the right thing.
I just dont agree that if a black woman fails to use her turn signal that its a death sentence, if you remmember that case?Dont worry theres plenty of black cops bashing black folk for minor infringements also.
Ive been unfairly treated before myself on a few occassions when pulled over by police and i appear 100% white.
I had a boss that actually said dont go near that balckba"tar0 whilst hes bleeding youll probably catch AIDS,this was after a work mate banged his head and got concusion.and i also experience/ witness plenty of financial racism beetween different europeans at work even today.So i agree theres chips on shoulders in reverse over here .
And i can immagine some of your work collegues have chips on their shoulders as ive met many black islanders that have attitude towards whites.But one of my bestys at work is an islander.
Yeah I think its ridiculous that ursle and wired are always pointing the finger at ferocious as a white privileged racist and it pretty much looks like a few loggers want ferocious to take full blame for the entire American population of white people.
And i break the traffic reg's on a regular basis , so ive been really lucky not to get busted lately.
Aint nothin bud. The only "real thing" that has happened from all this over sensitive crap is that Some people hope to make me as overly sensitive as they are to make me walk on eggshells.... aint happenin.... one person is just as good as another to me as long as they are the same to me Im good. I dont go around looking and thinking"who can I screw over today, or thats a whatever right there so he is a bad person, " like most racists do. I have much more important things to than to think "victim" all my life.
The asians and irish and hispanics, others at one time or another were slaves in this world or treated badly, I dont see them going all negative, they went to work on building themselves a better life. So what is it that is getting built? I see a few disgusted people hoping for distrust and conflict to further their agenda. I have zero time for crap like that or people that back it, no matter what color they are
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2018, 07:07 PM   #42
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,670
Default

I know better than to try to reason or argue with some individuals.

In college about 40 years ago I had a memorable time "arguing" with some friends. I didn't realize it at the time, but after it was explained to me it all made perfect sense.

Two of them were arguing "Flat Earth" and the rest of us (all science & physics students) argued "Spherical Earth". No matter what resaon, evidence, calculation, photos, etc, we brought up... our pair of Flat Earthers would discount or dismiss with false equivalencies, misapplication of theory, obfuscation, derision and confusion. We had a grand time going back and forth.

At the end of the night the two basically said "For you to win, we flat earthers must admit you are right. You might be 100% correct but we will never admit it and so you loose the argument."


This behavior is going on widely today... but not in jest or intellectual exercise.

The simple truth in all of this is: I cannot change your mind and you cannot change my mind. Only I can change my own mind. By listening to the arguments and reasonings of others and giving thoughtful and balanced consideration to facts I can decide to abandon a flawed position and take up a different point of view. If I automatically rule anything and everything anyone who who disagrees with me to be nothing but "BS" I stop myself from growth and maturing of outlook.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:20 PM   #43
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
The simple truth in all of this is: I cannot change your mind and you cannot change my mind. Only I can change my own mind. By listening to the arguments and reasonings of others and giving thoughtful and balanced consideration to facts I can decide to abandon a flawed position and take up a different point of view. If I automatically rule anything and everything anyone who who disagrees with me to be nothing but "BS" I stop myself from growth and maturing of outlook.
Perception is the other part of the bias though, if you look at something with biased glasses on, you will always be getting a biased view of the issue. I admit there are racists of all colors, not just whites. That is a statement that is not a racist statement. But applying "white priviledge" to people is a racist statement right from the start. So I cal bs on the white priviledge on the basis that it is a racist statement. If you call it, you have defined yourself as racist.
Now there are plenty of racist people out there, there are plenty of cases of police being mean to people and there are plenty of people out there that continually harass others of different race, but that doesn't mean all cops are bad, or that all people of that race are bad. Anyone that does that deserves to be in jail for a very long time. And if the force backs it, they should pay the price as well. If you believe because one does it you are justified in blaming an entire race, your glasses are biased right from the start and it makes you a racist.

The balance of it is money though, there is privilege, but money is the driving force of it.

Now either you are contributing to eradicate the bias or you are promoting it. Which one are you?
You think I am going to be coerced into feeling bad for someone that won't try to do better for themselves and expect a better life to handed to them? NO.
No, BS is when you are finished looking and testing theory. Just because I don't grow the way you want me to(your perception and opinion) is no indicator that my growth has stopped. I may be seeing something you are not or cannot and then coming to my own conclusions.
If anything I have been trying to explain that as long as you have people looking to blame others for their lot in life, they will never be satisfied. Only that person can absolutely change that, that person has to decide to make changes, just like an addict that strives to walk away from his drug. Until you do, you will never know.

Wow, I just remembered a day in Wilmington Cal, there was a guy there that was a gang member. He was never bad to us(only whites in the area). The gang leader lived right across the street, he was never bad to us either. We just lived there. Well the guy came over one day kinda down. He explained that things were just not good around there, that gang life was tough and bad. I told him that he didn't have to live like that. There are ways to leaving all that behind. Problem is that habits are hard to break, even though the life is hard he didn't have the will power to leave it behind. We left LA and never heard from him again. If a person is strong enough, they can get things right, get a better start in life but they have to be strong enough to leave the bad behind and lots of people that drag them back into it.
A friend on mine in the Lufkin area. She has been a druggie since her teens. Get better then fall off the wagon, get into trouble, go to jail etc etc... It took her 20 years for her to realize what had been happening in her life. She quit all the thug friends, went to school and is now solid on her feet for the first time. She pulled herself out of pit.
If you cannot perceive that there is a problem, you cannot fix it.
YOu don't like where you live or conditions where you live, MOve.
You like griping about your lot, have another beer........
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:46 AM   #44
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
.I find it strange that any one person not another person's color is the representative for an entire race if that person wrongs the other.

But I have been warned of people in the work place of people that hated others or had chips on their shoulders. Avoid those because all they want to do is complain or start trouble. All colors were represented by their bad actors.

I just remembered a ticket I got in New Orleans, I came off the freeway and went to the far right lane on the feeder. Doing that I drove over a solid yellow line right at the end of it. Got in the right lane then turned right. Got pulled over, yes I wasnt happy about the ticket but yes he was right, I just clipped the end of the yellow line, a violation. IIRC he was a black policeman. I didnt go around yelling white priviledge, give me a break. That was over 20 years ago and the ticket was well over $100.

So you guys are saying that there has been no reason for getting pulled over by police? You want the cops to bend the rules for you while you dont maintain a vehicle to highway standards? You want police to look away because of color? You want immunity?

I just find it strange for anyone to get pulled over for "no reason". Maybe I have just been so lucky to never experience this in 30 + years of driving and breaking the rules at times.
The name of this thread is "White Privilege". I asked a simple question that no one has answered...

Who gives white people white privilege?

Don't walk on eggshells, just answer the question.
__________________
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 01:21 AM   #45
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
The name of this thread is "White Privilege". I asked a simple question that no one has answered...

Who gives white people white privilege?

Don't walk on eggshells, just answer the question.
Good question, I have no idea who gives white people white privilege. It just doesn't make sense. That's why I said from the beginning it was a made up term.
Privilege would be better than others, so if you treat everyone the same what does that mean? If you act, deal and treat people the same, no one getting a better deal or break than any other, all the same what does that mean?
I maybe can put something to it though, privilege among family, special friends, partners in crime.... Lots of that going on everyday. I mentioned it IIRC in another thread. People getting special treatment, jobs without having the experience or capability in line with the jobs they got. 99% of the time I have nothing my family needs LOL. And most of the time if they need it, I don't sell it, I let them have it if they have been straight up with me. Try to screw me over, no deals anymore.
Looking at it from another point of view, If I had something someone wanted and was asked for it, am I supposed to broadcast to all the world first before letting the person have what I am willing to give up right then? If the person needs it and timing is right, I am asked, I'm going to help out if I can. However, If I'm really wanting to sell something, first come first serve.
As anyone can tell, I'm not doing crapola tonight. Skating whipped me yesterday....
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 09:35 AM   #46
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,260
Default dont worry be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Aint nothin bud. The only "real thing" that has happened from all this over sensitive crap is that Some people hope to make me as overly sensitive as they are to make me walk on eggshells.... aint happenin.... one person is just as good as another to me as long as they are the same to me Im good. I dont go around looking and thinking"who can I screw over today, or thats a whatever right there so he is a bad person, " like most racists do. I have much more important things to than to think "victim" all my life.
The asians and irish and hispanics, others at one time or another were slaves in this world or treated badly, I dont see them going all negative, they went to work on building themselves a better life. So what is it that is getting built? I see a few disgusted people hoping for distrust and conflict to further their agenda. I have zero time for crap like that or people that back it, no matter what color they are
I aint trying to push you into a category as i know this is impossible ,your too smart to be following the leader anyway.Theres no set stance ,just variables .
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #47
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,260
Default Trouble makers do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
The name of this thread is "White Privilege". I asked a simple question that no one has answered...

Who gives white people white privilege?

Don't walk on eggshells, just answer the question.
Big fat rich untouchable banker trouble makers that hide behind the scenes so we cannot pinpoint who is causing it.
They do it so we argue over the crumbs whilst they take the whole cake.
satsified with the answer?
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 11:12 AM   #48
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,260
Default anyway will try post lnk to podcat tomorrow

I heard this news today that a university in aus had produced a play on white priviledge where they have limited seats for white people in the audience and white people may only be admitted if they sign some kind of petition.This itself incites segregation!
This play has a ban on it for the moment as it is racist against white people.
I cant seem to find anything on the internet about this sad news that i heard on radio 3AW today.
Sh1t i must be a white supremicist after pointing this out.
One sentence describes todays NWO and that is .
Political correctness has gone way too far .
And if i was a boss i would be sh1t frightened of hiring a black person knowing that these rights could become so extreme that i would have to hand the business over to whoever played the racist card first .
So can some of you geniuses out there see how this reverse racism and over entitlment pushed by the left wing is actually causing black people more harm than good now?
Im just trying to find a balance between police brutallity acceptance and overcompensating black rights .And that last comment could be seen as racist.
So the authoritys can bash an african american to death with little reason and get no punishment.But a white person can't say a black person isnt suited to the job given ,even i the reason isnt that they are black.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:45 PM   #49
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default My answer

Good question, I have no idea who gives white people white privilege.

I have no privilege other than going to work and living as I want to within my means. So no one "gives" me anything, that is why this "white privilege" statement makes no sense.
It is a statement that was created to cause conflict by separatists and people that back racism and conflict.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #50
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,260
Default take that

answered honestly.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 07:07 AM   #51
wired
Member
 
wired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KY USA
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Good question, I have no idea who gives white people white privilege.
White people in power give other white people privilege. Who else? DUH!

That is the point of all the confederate memorials at courthouses. Having statues "celebrating" men who would rather die than give another his God given freedom is a pretty good message to any decedents of slaves how much "justice" they would receive in a building so adorned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I have no privilege other than going to work and living as I want to within my means. So no one "gives" me anything, that is why this "white privilege" statement makes no sense.
BULL SH7T!

You have enjoyed white privilege your entire life!

You have eaten in places, stayed places, drank places, gotten loans and housing, avoided legal troubles, and a myriad of other advantages just because you are white. If you are the age I suspect I bet you even when to segregated schools and believed "separate but equal" was a real thing.

To think otherwise is simply being blind to the truth because it serves your logically indefensible world view.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
It is a statement that was created to cause conflict by separatists and people that back racism and conflict.
You "back racism and conflict"! Oldest bully trick in the book! Blame others for the trash you trade in. The only "separatists" I know about are WHITE!


.
__________________
Common wisdom is anything but...
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 03:38 AM   #52
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,670
Default

along the lines of what Wired just wrote.... a stone has no awareness of the existence of gravity but yet is directly affected by it. A person may not be actively aware of how they have benefited over decades/generations by white privilege but that does not diminish the actuality.

Perhaps the semantics of the term "white privilege" mean different things to different people. Specifically, the word "privilege" seems problematic. Maybe "unwarrented advantage" could be used. Whites used unwarrented advantage to violate all treaties with native americans to in essence steal the north american continent from them. Whites used unwarrented advantage to subjugate South Africa. Whites used unwarrented advantage to subjugate India. Whites used unwarrented advantage to enslave black in the US. Whites used unwarrented advantage to linch near countless blacks.

As I see it... racism and white privilege are opposite sides of the same coin. The existence of one side creates the existence of the other.

In the US white privilege was written into law in the south in the aftermath of the Civil War. This was known as "Jim Crow" in which many laws were put into place with the specific purpose of keeping blacks 'in their place' and preserving white advantage.

And now today... we are working hard to mature beyond the obvious racist roadblocks. But because racism still exists we still have subtle forms of white privilege. Sure, it is not as blatently obvious as Jim Crow but white privilege still exists in some very dramatic social manifestations.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:29 AM   #53
Mort
Sk8 Ninja
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Huntington Wv
Posts: 3,285
Default

The problem with this is that many people incite that it is a big deal, like being white instantly has an advantage, and it does not. Well most of the time at least. And it depends on location you live in too.

Are there instances where being of certain ethnicities can help your chances at things? Absolutely. However, to just presume that a white individual has directly benefited over any other individual who is of any other ethnicities is preposterous.


This is especially true in places where whites would be overwhelmingly, the majority.

The way you get a job around here in my city is sell yourself well. And you better damn well believe that a black man with similar skill sets and social skills as well as the ability to speak professionally to people is going to beat me out of a job during the interview rounds, hands down.

Why? It's simple. Black men are known to have Ebonics slip into conversation. A person who does not exhibit a bit of that tendency, will instantly get renown for it. HR's pick up on that. No matter if an array of candidates for an interview come in, the black male with professionalism about him will seem more intelligent and better for the job solely on that. This is because he or she did not "fit the norm" to the stereotype attributed to any ethnic groups, be it rednecks, blacks, Mexicans etc.

Ethnicity plays a small role, VERY small. Well unless you feed the stereotype your ethnicity has, then it plays a large role in how people view you.

Professionalism takes people by surprise, and it is the reason I have beaten many others more qualified than myself out of jobs time and time again.


This isn't 1900 to 1940 anymore people.

Funny time...

I've also been on the reverse of white privilege. I went to a skating rink once, security guards were frisking people, I had a large duffle bag, very heavy, and you could hear the weight when I sat it on the plastic pop up table. I walk through the metal detector, freaking thing red lines, I WAY set it off. The bag weighed like 60 #. The little black cop goes "puhhssss, man, I ain't worried about chu" and just waves me on.

While I'm standing there like ???? FRISK ME GOD DAMMIT! Lol. I didn't say it but I was hella thinking it. Like I just dropped a duffle bag that could be loaded for war and set off your metal detector and I can't even get a ******* want waving here? Da faq???!? Lmao


I felt so.left.out hahaha. Meanwhile the 2 other peeps in my group who are somewhat mixed, get frisked, wand'd patted down, hair checked for my dude with dreads. Hahaha I felt like the fat kid in dodge ball.
__________________
Home rink: Roll-A-Rama in Huntington Wv.
"Focus on form and speed is a byproduct, focus on speed and falling is a byproduct." - Matguy
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #54
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
along the lines of what Wired just wrote.... a stone has no awareness of the existence of gravity but yet is directly affected by it. A person may not be actively aware of how they have benefited over decades/generations by white privilege but that does not diminish the actuality.

Perhaps the semantics of the term "white privilege" mean different things to different people. Specifically, the word "privilege" seems problematic. Maybe "unwarrented advantage" could be used. Whites used unwarrented advantage to violate all treaties with native americans to in essence steal the north american continent from them. Whites used unwarrented advantage to subjugate South Africa. Whites used unwarrented advantage to subjugate India. Whites used unwarrented advantage to enslave black in the US. Whites used unwarrented advantage to linch near countless blacks.

As I see it... racism and white privilege are opposite sides of the same coin. The existence of one side creates the existence of the other.

In the US white privilege was written into law in the south in the aftermath of the Civil War. This was known as "Jim Crow" in which many laws were put into place with the specific purpose of keeping blacks 'in their place' and preserving white advantage.

And now today... we are working hard to mature beyond the obvious racist roadblocks. But because racism still exists we still have subtle forms of white privilege. Sure, it is not as blatently obvious as Jim Crow but white privilege still exists in some very dramatic social manifestations.
along the lines of what Wired just wrote.... a stone has no awareness of the existence of gravity but yet is directly affected by it. A person may not be actively aware of how they have benefited over decades/generations by white privilege but that does not diminish the actuality.

Perhaps the semantics of the term "white privilege" mean different things to different people. Specifically, the word "privilege" seems problematic. Maybe "unwarrented advantage" could be used. Whites used unwarrented advantage to violate all treaties with native americans to in essence steal the north american continent from them. Whites used unwarrented advantage to subjugate South Africa. Whites used unwarrented advantage to subjugate India. Whites used unwarrented advantage to enslave black in the US. Whites used unwarrented advantage to linch near countless blacks.

As I see it... racism and white privilege are opposite sides of the same coin. The existence of one side creates the existence of the other.


Lots of theory, and this isn't India, or a slave country. If you want your cause to go forward, maybe you should mention it over seas where slaves and slave trade are still in existence. Eradicating slavery is a good thing, but you should go to the country promoting it in present time. Same race slavery still happens every day.

If you want to blame someone for what you believe has recently been a big issue, bozo is the prime target. He and his crew fueled the racial friction almost the entire time he was in office. Now that he is gone, where are the riots and crap? Things were not crazy and out of control before he got in there.
You guys can beat this horse all you want but as you keep the blame game going all you do is fuel the thing you say you are against.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:26 AM   #55
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
The problem with this is that many people incite that it is a big deal, like being white instantly has an advantage, and it does not. Well most of the time at least. And it depends on location you live in too.

Are there instances where being of certain ethnicities can help your chances at things? Absolutely. However, to just presume that a white individual has directly benefited over any other individual who is of any other ethnicities is preposterous.


This is especially true in places where whites would be overwhelmingly, the majority.

The way you get a job around here in my city is sell yourself well. And you better damn well believe that a black man with similar skill sets and social skills as well as the ability to speak professionally to people is going to beat me out of a job during the interview rounds, hands down.

Why? It's simple. Black men are known to have Ebonics slip into conversation. A person who does not exhibit a bit of that tendency, will instantly get renown for it. HR's pick up on that. No matter if an array of candidates for an interview come in, the black male with professionalism about him will seem more intelligent and better for the job solely on that. This is because he or she did not "fit the norm" to the stereotype attributed to any ethnic groups, be it rednecks, blacks, Mexicans etc.

Ethnicity plays a small role, VERY small. Well unless you feed the stereotype your ethnicity has, then it plays a large role in how people view you.

Professionalism takes people by surprise, and it is the reason I have beaten many others more qualified than myself out of jobs time and time again.


This isn't 1900 to 1940 anymore people.

Funny time...

I've also been on the reverse of white privilege. I went to a skating rink once, security guards were frisking people, I had a large duffle bag, very heavy, and you could hear the weight when I sat it on the plastic pop up table. I walk through the metal detector, freaking thing red lines, I WAY set it off. The bag weighed like 60 #. The little black cop goes "puhhssss, man, I ain't worried about chu" and just waves me on.

While I'm standing there like ???? FRISK ME GOD DAMMIT! Lol. I didn't say it but I was hella thinking it. Like I just dropped a duffle bag that could be loaded for war and set off your metal detector and I can't even get a ******* want waving here? Da faq???!? Lmao


I felt so.left.out hahaha. Meanwhile the 2 other peeps in my group who are somewhat mixed, get frisked, wand'd patted down, hair checked for my dude with dreads. Hahaha I felt like the fat kid in dodge ball.
You know, you have a point Mort. I did experience something along those lines myself. I have gone through security checks at rinks and other places, about half the time by persons of another color, almost always be told go ahead, move on. So why do they frisk others so much? IN other words why don't blacks trust blacks most of the time I see it happen? Racism is why, they should have frisked everyone and did not. Racism and white privilege are not the same thing. One is real, the other is made up.

My theory on that... If you promote distrust, racism and thug life traits, you ask for what you get out of it. The more you make of it, the more people distrust the people around them. If you promote the feeling there is trouble around every corner, people will trust less and less and the general feeling of happiness and positive outlook in life turns to gloom. This is what happens.

That is why I never push negativity, only try to push forward with positive. If your outlook sucks, so will your life.

There is an issue with racism and trust. If someone does you wrong, that is not racism, you get by the issue and never have anything to do with that person again. Color has nothing to do with it. Racism is when you do not get treated the same as everyone else and are singled out by color. So at present time"white privilege" is racist.
With some people, "their outlook sucks but they don't know it" sounds like your rock.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....

Last edited by fierocious1; June 14th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:01 PM   #56
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default YOu ask for gloom, you get gloom

https://www.briantracy.com/blog/pers...tive-thinking/

I am not as positive as I could be, I am more of a realist. However, I think about what I want and vary from this a little in that I attempt to overcome problems, know that the issue can be solved. I have to overcome it. If a person is persistent enough, things turn around, issues are taken out and life goes on to tackle another problem. Someone said,(can't remember who) that if a person can concentrate on an issue for 10 minutes at a time, they will eventually figure out how to fix the problem or overcome the issue. So a technician's life is the same, overcome the problem, get stuff going again, move on to the next problem.

being told you are guilty, if have not done one you are guilty of the other.. LOL what a joke.

I have explained enough of what I think so, I'm pretty much done with this subject. No more to contribute.... on to something else...
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....

Last edited by fierocious1; June 14th, 2018 at 05:29 PM.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:37 PM   #57
wired
Member
 
wired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KY USA
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
A person may not be actively aware of how they have benefited over decades/generations by white privilege but that does not diminish the actuality.
Exactly!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
You know, you have a point Mort. I did experience something along those lines myself.
NO SH7T!

You both have personally recognized experiencing white privilege yet both deny it's existence. DANG!

Just spin that experience to pretty much every public moment of your life. Walking into any place of public accommodation, any contact with law enforcement, any educational setting, driving along not having to be aware of sundown towns. In short all the time knowing you are given a break because you are white. Lucky you.

It's a wonder your heads don't explode...

.
__________________
Common wisdom is anything but...
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:11 PM   #58
Mort
Sk8 Ninja
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Huntington Wv
Posts: 3,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Exactly!




NO SH7T!

You both have personally recognized experiencing white privilege yet both deny it's existence. DANG!

I did not "experience" a privilege, buddy, more like I was brushed under the rug. In that particular instance, I was the minority no one gave a **** about
Just spin that experience to pretty much every public moment of your life. Walking into any place of public accommodation, any contact with law enforcement, any educational setting, driving along not having to be aware of sundown towns. In short all the time knowing you are given a break because you are white. Lucky you.

It's a wonder your heads don't explode...

.
How law enforcement begins to engage a situation is based upon stereo types, and when one acts professionally, as I had said before, those stereotypes are dismissed because of an individual not fitting. The coined phrase "white privilege" is pretty much horse sh!t man. You , me, everyone, knows it. It's no more rampant than other ethnicities providing the same privy to anyine they feel they share a relation with based solely on appearance.

The same damn thing happens in traffic with people driving a car if the same manufacturers.

People can't help but need something to cry about. #1stworldproblems.

Total waste of time


Act like a lunatic, get treated like a lunatic, act like a criminal, better be ready to be treated like a criminal with your jail slang, act professional, get respect. People CHOOSE to support a stereotype through their actions and mannerisms.

On a ultra rare occasion we see situations that are different from the norm. But to act like this privy IS the norm is absurd.

I habe worked for everything I have. Nothing was "given" to me, or privileged with. With the only exception of great parents.
__________________
Home rink: Roll-A-Rama in Huntington Wv.
"Focus on form and speed is a byproduct, focus on speed and falling is a byproduct." - Matguy
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 09:04 PM   #59
wired
Member
 
wired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KY USA
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
I went to a skating rink once, security guards were frisking people, I had a large duffle bag, very heavy, and you could hear the weight when I sat it on the plastic pop up table. I walk through the metal detector, freaking thing red lines, I WAY set it off. The bag weighed like 60 #. The little black cop goes "puhhssss, man, I ain't worried about chu" and just waves me on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
You know, you have a point Mort. I did experience something along those lines myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
You both have personally recognized experiencing white privilege yet both deny it's existence. DANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
I did not "experience" a privilege, buddy, more like I was brushed under the rug.
In which case you would be the FIRST person I have ever known that didn't see bypassing security as a privilege. Not to mention that depending on locale and custom the black officer may not have felt comfortable engaging with a white person when he didn't have to. You may have even gotten two layers of privilege...

I have been in, out and all around your state for longer than you have been alive. For you to not recognize that your life would have been very different had you not been white shows a amazing lack of understanding.

priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun
noun: privilege; plural noun: privileges

1. a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.


Nowhere does that definition mention anything being "given" to anyone. It does PERFECTLY describe you bypassing a security check. If you look back over your life I'm quite sure you will remember other times where things would have gone very differently had you not been white. I know I certainly can. Some of my exploits would have likely ended up with me dead. That is white privilege. It's real. It exists. Deny it all you want but it's there.

Like a rock is effected by gravity without understanding physics you have benefited from the chance of your birth into a privileged class. You not believing is just as likely to change things in the real world as a rock believing it can fly.

.
__________________
Common wisdom is anything but...
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 09:41 PM   #60
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
How law enforcement begins to engage a situation is based upon stereo types, and when one acts professionally, as I had said before, those stereotypes are dismissed because of an individual not fitting. The coined phrase "white privilege" is pretty much horse sh!t man. You , me, everyone, knows it. It's no more rampant than other ethnicities providing the same privy to anyine they feel they share a relation with based solely on appearance.

The same damn thing happens in traffic with people driving a car if the same manufacturers.

People can't help but need something to cry about. #1stworldproblems.

Total waste of time


Act like a lunatic, get treated like a lunatic, act like a criminal, better be ready to be treated like a criminal with your jail slang, act professional, get respect. People CHOOSE to support a stereotype through their actions and mannerisms.

On a ultra rare occasion we see situations that are different from the norm. But to act like this privy IS the norm is absurd.

I habe worked for everything I have. Nothing was "given" to me, or privileged with. With the only exception of great parents.
I once did an expeirment with my job.At the time I wore biker And Harley stuff to work on a project. Never thought anything about it until one day. My boss was leaving the project site in KY. Left me in charge so he could start up another job in NC. I reported to the management as usual but things were a little different, they would only half pay attention to what I had to say. After about 2 weeks I re-evaluated the scenario. After looking at everything, I went shopping. Got new office style jeans and new boots and light blue two pocket jean type shirts. The shirts kinda was a crossover from Blujean to office type shirts. The next week.... perception..... they listened, they learned. Ran that project almost to the end then went to NC and took that one on. Appearance says a lot more than people like to admit. I can dress to get shook down....

Btw amen to getting your butt wipped as a kid.... good parents.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", not possible.... a phrase in conflict with itself....
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.