S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old December 6th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #1
1.flatwheel

Default Bellingham Washington Artistic Skaters

Wasn't there a national chapion that skated out of Bellingham way back when... I think she won worlds too.. What ever happened to her..

Last edited by Kathie Fry; December 16th, 2006 at 12:10 PM.
1.flatwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #2
roller gramma
Solo Dancer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.flatwheel View Post
Wasn't there a national chapion that skated out of Bellingham way back when... I think she won worlds too.. What ever happened to her..

Patty Jefferson...national and world champion. She moved to the back east quite a few years ago. I see her mom every so often at Costco. I am not sure what she is up to now, I think the last I heard was that she was a personal trainer.
She placed at worlds 1985 thru 1988 (I think those are right).
roller gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #3
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller gramma View Post
Patty Jefferson...national and world champion. She moved to the back east quite a few years ago. I see her mom every so often at Costco. I am not sure what she is up to now, I think the last I heard was that she was a personal trainer.
She placed at worlds 1985 thru 1988 (I think those are right).

world champion??? when?? I skated every year Patty did at worlds, but I dont remember her ever winning... hmmm lets see..

`85 - Chiara Satori (Patty 3rd)
`86 - Chiara Satori (Patty not sure.. I know Tammy Jerue was 2nd or 3rd)
`87 - Chiara Satori (Patty was 1st in the short but not the long)
`88 - Rafaella Del Vinnaccio.. I know Tammy was 2nd.. (and amazing)..

no more Patty after that.. She was in Tampa in 1992, I think doing some work with a TV station that telvised the event..

patty was one of the very few women back in the 80's doing clean double axel.. she absolutely nailed it in 1987 in the long program opening.. setting her up for a win, but then... well.. oooops...

any more historical flashbacks??
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #4
rwsz

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
world champion??? when?? I skated every year Patty did at worlds, but I dont remember her ever winning... hmmm lets see..

`85 - Chiara Satori (Patty 3rd)
`86 - Chiara Satori (Patty not sure.. I know Tammy Jerue was 2nd or 3rd)
`87 - Chiara Satori (Patty was 1st in the short but not the long)
`88 - Rafaella Del Vinnaccio.. I know Tammy was 2nd.. (and amazing)..

no more Patty after that.. She was in Tampa in 1992, I think doing some work with a TV station that telvised the event..

patty was one of the very few women back in the 80's doing clean double axel.. she absolutely nailed it in 1987 in the long program opening.. setting her up for a win, but then... well.. oooops...

any more historical flashbacks??
come on Jayson, if you get on the podium at worlds you are a champion, not 1st but at least 2nd or 3rd,,,still quite an accomplishment

Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #5
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

rick, hey... i didnt mean it like that.. i meant like as in 'world champion'.. as in, hmmm.. let me check that out! seriously, if you even make it to worlds that is more than an accomplishment, for sure! any medal is a medal!! granted. Patty was amazing, no disrespect at all...
Old December 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #6
rwsz

Quote:
rick, hey... i didnt mean it like that.. i meant like as in 'world champion'.. as in, hmmm.. let me check that out! seriously, if you even make it to worlds that is more than an accomplishment, for sure! any medal is a medal!! granted. Patty was amazing, no disrespect at all...
Jayson i kind of looked at it as if you get a medal at a worlds or an olympics you are a champion, not a gold medalist though. like on ice Michelle Qwan hasnt won the gold olympic medal but has silver and bronze and 5 world gold medals. your right its an achievement and you have been there yourself on top.

Rick
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #7
roller gramma
Solo Dancer

Sorry that I did not qualify that Patty had not taken first at Worlds. I was at work and had looked it up on my coaches website for former national and world placements for our region. I was in a hurry as I only had so long on my break to be on the internet.
1985, 1987 and 1988: 3rd place at Worlds
1988 and 1987: 1st place at the Pan Am Games
roller gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #8
pacificsk8r

And this my friends is why roller skating hasn't progressed...forgive me if I'm picking up some sarcasm here?
Old December 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #9
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificsk8r View Post
And this my friends is why roller skating hasn't progressed...forgive me if I'm picking up some sarcasm here?
not from me, thats for sure... i love everyone on here and i certainly didn't mean anything sarcastic.. not at all.. i'm a trivia/stats freak and if there's anything I can note down I will!!!

let's not get started on the reasons why rolllersports hasn't progressed! omg! haha.. this topic would turn in to a novel! (theres another idea! )
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:44 AM   #10
rwsz

Quote:
not from me, thats for sure... i love everyone on here and i certainly didn't mean anything sarcastic.. not at all.. i'm a trivia/stats freak and if there's anything I can note down I will!!!

let's not get started on the reasons why rolllersports hasn't progressed! omg! haha.. this topic would turn in to a novel! (theres another idea! )
well Jayson theres a second book for you to publish,,,,you have a lot on your plate, its interesting following the things you do in your career.

Rick
Old December 16th, 2006, 04:06 AM   #11
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

haha rick, that would be book number 3 on the plate for consideration!!! no, seriously I need to stick with this film, get it finished and continue with the other two I've started writing work on... two writing jobs just popped up out of the blue after the festival here and well... i'm really looking forward to what's ahead... both films seem kinda interesting...
you never know what is around the corner, that's always been my motto...
Old December 16th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #12
rwsz

Quote:
haha rick, that would be book number 3 on the plate for consideration!!! no, seriously I need to stick with this film, get it finished and continue with the other two I've started writing work on... two writing jobs just popped up out of the blue after the festival here and well... i'm really looking forward to what's ahead... both films seem kinda interesting...
you never know what is around the corner, that's always been my motto...
so your film lead to 2 more writing jobs, thats good, good luck with them. what type of movies are those 2??? i like your motto and that you always go for it. many americans lack that quality but then again theres many that have it too.

Rick
Old December 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #13
1.flatwheel

When I first posted this I had said that she won worlds..
It was all word of mouth in the old days and you know how well that goes..
1.flatwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #14
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

hey rick.. yeh, one comedy (already working on that one) and one horror adaptation... (looking forward to that one - start in Feb).. cant really say much more! except that there are no skates in either of them! hahahha
Old December 17th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #15
rwsz

Quote:
hey rick.. yeh, one comedy (already working on that one) and one horror adaptation... (looking forward to that one - start in Feb).. cant really say much more! except that there are no skates in either of them! hahahha
Jayson thats awesome and expanding your horizons,,,,,,will your friend Kristen be in them? sounds like fun and good luck.

Rick
Old December 17th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #16
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

???? Kris in the films??? highly unlikely, I'm on as writer/co-writer and thats the extent of it.. Casting I imagine with be left with the production crew when the films are up.... at this stage, yeh... I'm just behind the scenes.. Mind you, when i get my own films up and running post the Jesus project, never say never.. I might have to keep adding scenes that include roller skaters, that will be another in road for the sport!!
Old December 17th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #17
rwsz

Quote:
???? Kris in the films??? highly unlikely, I'm on as writer/co-writer and thats the extent of it.. Casting I imagine with be left with the production crew when the films are up.... at this stage, yeh... I'm just behind the scenes.. Mind you, when i get my own films up and running post the Jesus project, never say never.. I might have to keep adding scenes that include roller skaters, that will be another in road for the sport!!
That would be good to have skaters here and there, its quite popular here in the usa with commercials, music videos and even some cameos in movies. ok i think i might have gotten the name wrong,,,,Kris not in films so who was the australian skater that is now in the movie theartres.

Rick
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #18
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Ahhh, you mean Melissa George.. yes, of course.. the gorgeous gorgeous Melissa and dear friend.. She is in Jesus Cant Skate, yes... Mel skated for many years and was rather fantastic, winning many comps.. She recently was on the cover of Vogue and has many film credits to her name and doing exceptionally well in Hollywood.. such a genuinely lovely and caring person who Im so proud to say is a dear friend..
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #19
rwsz

Quote:
Ahhh, you mean Melissa George.. yes, of course.. the gorgeous gorgeous Melissa and dear friend.. She is in Jesus Cant Skate, yes... Mel skated for many years and was rather fantastic, winning many comps.. She recently was on the cover of Vogue and has many film credits to her name and doing exceptionally well in Hollywood.. such a genuinely lovely and caring person who Im so proud to say is a dear friend..
Yes Jayson Melissa George is who i meant lol,,,,not whom i said originally. its great to see skaters doing well in another career and doing what they want. wish i seen vogue but never look at it lol.

Rick
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #20
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Have a look here at her official site, its a good place to check it out!