S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old March 14th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #1
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Question Figures: Inline or Quad

Question:

I don't have a figure book to tell me the Gold section and what is required, but I would like to know a bit if someone has some time.

Is there any type of three turn to backwards or forwards in loops? Either starting backwards or forward?

Is there figures in Inline Artistic skating?
If so could someone tell me are they alike with the Quad skating?

Anyone?
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #2
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Inline figures??
That is so funny... you know, at the rink, when I trained inline.. when we were tired, we'd go on the figure circles and try to make figures on our inlines!!! it was hysterical, we must have looked like absolute beginners, b/c its almost impossible... loops, hmmm not too bad, but they are hard.. and when you try, what is interesting is, that you understand why ICE FIGURES were so damn UGLY!! with those hideous free leg positions bent in the air etc.. b/c on inline thats about the only way to hold the edges too on a tight circle!

so in reality, for comps etc.. no, no inline figures have been made up..

as for LOOP FIGURES with turns??? NO, not at all.. too many as it is have enough problems trying to get the loops right without throwing a turn in the mix! but they do sound fun...

actually, at some comps they have like a challenge figure for fun... and it can be a mix of counters, rockers, bracket, double 3's and a loop, all in the one figure!!! off one push! fun fun fun

rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #3
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Thank you Jayson for the response. I am really an oldie with the skating craze. The styles are a new and the meaning of Artistic I was even over whelmed differences by the skates and the abilities.

So, yes I thought you had figures as well. Nice to hear of the turns and such with the loops in any event. I have to buy a figure book and search through it.

If any one is able to gain footage of such special fun loops figures could or would you please post it. I'd loved to see Roberto Riva on such a loop. Any of the top Pros to grace us with such talents.

I should take a cruise down some where in the rinks and find such Gold skaters and watch them.

Again thank you so much for the response Jayson