S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Hockey and Other Roller Games
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hockey and Other Roller Games Discussions about hockey played on inline skates, quad roller skates, and ice skates. Also includes discussions about other games played on skates such as roller basketball and rollersoccer.

Old July 16th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #1
sk8er

Default rollerskating games to play

What are some of the games played at the rink you attend? We have a small rink in a small town and looking for different games to play during open skate. Any ideas please e-mail me at sk8er@myclearwave.net. We play the normal games-Limbo, elimination. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not familiar with this sight so hope this is correct.
sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #2
scubask8tr

Default games

go fish,a bit like musical chairs but no chairs
paper plates with numbers are placed around the centre of the rink and everyone skates the outside.when the music stops all rush to grab a plate anyone who doesnt get a plate is out.then remaining players have to pair up with some one who has a same number .anyone left without a match is out .players leave their plates in the centre and skate around again the guards take a few plates away and it goes on til you have a pair (or pairs) of winners .get the picture ?

flamingo
skaters skate round and when the music stops the DJ calls right (or left)foot and skaters have to lift that leg and roll .people who put the other foot down before the DJ plays the music again are out .and so it goes until you have a winner (or winners)

dodge ball
i am sure you know how to play this .we use a ball about 10 inches round and very soft/light so it cant hurt you .it is very hard to throw accurately so not as easy for the thrower either

dice
we have a large dice made of a cushion type foam (like your sofa)and six circles on the rink floor with numbers 1 thru 6.when the music stops all skaters head to a circle and the guard rolls the dice the number it lands on ,the people in that circle are out.

spin the pin
skaters go round when the music stops they head to a corner of the rink and a guard spins a bowling pin in the middle the corner it points to is out .skaters skate round again and so it goes until you have a winner .

some of them sound childish but we join in anyways and always let the kiddies win .the prizes range from a small candy bar or soda from the shop to a cap or sweat towel or such .the look on their faces is priceless ,makes you proud to be part of it.

hope you can use some of these ,not a lot of outlay for a whole bunch of fun.
scubask8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Dec8rSk8r

We call your dice game 4 corners, but play it the same.

Shoot the duck, squat clear down and have one foot extended in front of you and see how long you can roll like that.

Wipeout, see how quick you can fall down, slowest one leaves the floor.

Hokey-Pokey song, a revolting song but some small kids may like it.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #4
sk8er

Thanks for the help!! I got some good ideas. One game that we play that the kids really like is Jailbreak. We take plastic cones and corner off a part of the rink and call that spot the jail. We had out two or three of the orange foam swimming noodles that have been cut in half and the ones that have the "orange tagger try to skate around and tap other skaters with the foam tagger. If you get tagged you have to go to jail and they stay in there till the dj says jailbreak and then they can skate again and the orange taggers are handed to someone else. and then the dj says go and play again. There is no winners but fun to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubask8tr View Post
go fish,a bit like musical chairs but no chairs
paper plates with numbers are placed around the centre of the rink and everyone skates the outside.when the music stops all rush to grab a plate anyone who doesnt get a plate is out.then remaining players have to pair up with some one who has a same number .anyone left without a match is out .players leave their plates in the centre and skate around again the guards take a few plates away and it goes on til you have a pair (or pairs) of winners .get the picture ?

flamingo
skaters skate round and when the music stops the DJ calls right (or left)foot and skaters have to lift that leg and roll .people who put the other foot down before the DJ plays the music again are out .and so it goes until you have a winner (or winners)

dodge ball
i am sure you know how to play this .we use a ball about 10 inches round and very soft/light so it cant hurt you .it is very hard to throw accurately so not as easy for the thrower either

dice
we have a large dice made of a cushion type foam (like your sofa)and six circles on the rink floor with numbers 1 thru 6.when the music stops all skaters head to a circle and the guard rolls the dice the number it lands on ,the people in that circle are out.

spin the pin
skaters go round when the music stops they head to a corner of the rink and a guard spins a bowling pin in the middle the corner it points to is out .skaters skate round again and so it goes until you have a winner .

some of them sound childish but we join in anyways and always let the kiddies win .the prizes range from a small candy bar or soda from the shop to a cap or sweat towel or such .the look on their faces is priceless ,makes you proud to be part of it.

hope you can use some of these ,not a lot of outlay for a whole bunch of fun.
sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #5
Curious Cat
Hockey Nut

scubask8tr, you forgot traffic lights, not that it has been played at Morley for a few months.

Traffic Lights
Everyone lines up at one end of the rink. The DJ will call "green light" to go, and "red light" to stop. You have to stop as soon as the DJ says "red light" and not move a muclse until you hear "green light". If the DJ says a variation of "green light" e.g. "green lamp" and you move, you go back to the start. First person to the opposite end wins.
Curious Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #6
scubask8tr

also ship or shore,one end of the rink is ship the other shore .
When the DJ calls either you have to race to that end,included in this game are swab the deck -have to drop to the floor and pretend to swab the deck and captain on deck -have to stop still and salute.
This game can be hilarious ,last time I played I bent a kingpin hockey stopping into the wall.
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #7
scubask8tr

Default limbo

just like normal limbo but on skates,bending forward not backwards.
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #8
Mystic
SWM So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Shoot the duck, squat clear down and have one foot extended in front of you and see how long you can roll like that.
This was my favorite game when I was a teen, but I think you left out a bunch.

You skate around until the music stops. You squat down and bring one skate off the floor. You then try to knocked over other skaters and you pass by them. If your knocked over or fall you are out. When the music starts again you stand and do it over all again until there are just a couple people left. They win.

www.socalskatingreviews.com
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote