S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old October 2nd, 2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Doron

Default Group Skates etc in Los Angeles

I will be visiting LA from 16 Oct till 29 Oct. I am involved in the London skate scene and we have a 2 - 3 group skates a week. What happens in LA. My skates are definitely coming along with me so I am hoping to have fun using them (and hopefully meet a few locals on the way)
Doron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM   #2
maherwoman
Chatterbox Queen

What part of LA are you going to be in?

How fun, by the way...travelling!

[FONT="Verdana"][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]"All my possessions for a moment of time." --Queen Elizabeth I, last words[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
maherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Hello Doran,

There is a Friday Night Skate in Los Angeles that usually takes place in Santa Monica, and once a month it moves to Hollywood. Be sure to tell the organizers you will be there, because they love to have out-of-town skaters join them.
- Los Angeles Friday Night Skate

There is also a paved beach bicycle path that runs from Torrance in the South almost all the way to Malibu in the north. There are several beach parking lots on Santa Monica Beach and two in Venice Beach (one at the end of Washington Boulevard and one at the end of Venice Boulevard).
- Wild and Crazy Venice Beach

We also have atistic roller skating, inline hockey, aggressive skating, and roller dance venues. What kind of skating do you enjoy most?

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM   #4
Doron

I am mostly a fitness skater. I started out ice-skating and when I came to London, I started inline-skating. I go regularly on the group skates and they are great fun. We do not get the numbers that Paris gets but we are normally between 150-200 skaters. We have a music bike and it is lots of fun.

I have been thinking about doing speed skating but have not got my act together (besides, I do not want anyone seeing me in lycra getting the wrong idea ). Slalom and aggresive look a little scary.

I expect spend some time in Venice Beach and I may spend a day or two down in Long Beach.

Thanks
Doron is offline   Reply With Quote