S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2018, 01:15 AM   #1
Waterclocker
Junior Member
 
Waterclocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13
Unhappy Lawrence (lharasim) has passed away

With great sadness I would like to let my fellow Quad enthusiasts know that Lawrence (lharasim) has passed away unexpectedly. His sister informed me last week and asked that I tell his friends.

https://yourvalley.net/yourvalley/ne...dell-glendale/

Many of you may remember him as a very active and knowledgeable member on the Quad forums. He was a bit less active in recently years after a move that left him without a local rink, but I'm sure there will be many here that knew him.

He was a very close friend and mentor. I spent many sessions with him at R-Way in NWI and shared many other interests. Feel free to leave a comment and I will be sharing the thread with his family.
Waterclocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 01:21 AM   #2
quantoo
Senior Member
 
quantoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,371
Default thats a huge shock.i find that hard to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterclocker View Post
With great sadness I would like to let my fellow Quad enthusiasts know that Lawrence (lharasim) has passed away unexpectedly. His sister informed me last week and asked that I tell his friends.

https://yourvalley.net/yourvalley/ne...dell-glendale/

Many of you may remember him as a very active and knowledgeable member on the Quad forums. He was a bit less active in recently years after a move that left him without a local rink, but I'm sure there will be many here that knew him.

He was a very close friend and mentor. I spent many sessions with him at R-Way in NWI and shared many other interests. Feel free to leave a comment and I will be sharing the thread with his family.
He was so young and seemed strong, it wasnt long ago iharasim was informing us about dillo passing away.Sad to hear that.RIP buddy skate on iharasim.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 08:08 AM   #3
leshomes
Senior Member
 
leshomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Posts: 248
Unhappy ☹️

I admired the way he stood up for his mate Dillo.
__________________
Bonts HDC/HeBeGb 165, HeBeGb Yeager’s 78mm 98A, Bont 167, Aussie Scott Thane (inc cushions)
leshomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 08:33 AM   #4
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA
 
jackbkwikn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,400
Default

Sad news...RIP.....
__________________
ALTAMURA'S
jackbkwikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2018, 11:04 AM   #5
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,817
Default

condolences to his family, RIP
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 02:21 AM   #6
jotson
Senior Member
 
jotson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 594
Default

Very sad. I understand that people love to ride bicycles, and there have been a lot of improvements making roads safer for bicyclists, but when car meets bike, the car rarely loses.

RIP Lawrence.
jotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 11:28 AM   #7
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotson View Post
Very sad. I understand that people love to ride bicycles, and there have been a lot of improvements making roads safer for bicyclists, but when car meets bike, the car rarely loses.

RIP Lawrence.
so true happens here all the time in the boston and Cambridge areas. people just don't pay attention and drive crazy. get off the cell phones
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2018, 02:37 AM   #8
okie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,729
Default Yea that Larry.

He moved over here to Arizona for awhile and skated with us on Adults Only nights.

Skated real good too. Didn't ever like our cement floors but he had a lot of moves. (at Warp 4)

Cell phones have ruined it for motorcycle and bicycle riding. You cannot relax and ride. I remember when gas was 30 cents. It's different today in every way.

Rest in Peace Larry. Those were the days. We laughed alot. Won't ever forget.

Okie
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:06 AM   #9
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,817
Default

okie gas 30 cents lol, your old,,,i remember when it was 17 cents at the cheap gas stations lol
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM   #10
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 6,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
He moved over here to Arizona for awhile and skated with us on Adults Only nights.

Skated real good too. Didn't ever like our cement floors but he had a lot of moves. (at Warp 4)

Cell phones have ruined it for motorcycle and bicycle riding. You cannot relax and ride. I remember when gas was 30 cents. It's different today in every way.

Rest in Peace Larry. Those were the days. We laughed alot. Won't ever forget.

Okie
The two old Chicago guys are gone. Didn't know he moved to AZ. I got a nice long bike trail here in NW San Antonio. I can ride easy in my neighborhood, but I won't hit the main streets. I'll stay on the sidewalk on the way to the trailhead. The only place good for bikes that I know of is most of south orange county CA. Mission Viejo, Irvine, etc. Very good for bikes. Heck, it is tough here in TX in a car. If you drive daily, you'll likely see 2 or 3 pretty ill advised moves a week. A bike on the street here? Oh Hell No.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2018, 04:18 PM   #11
Dec8rSk8r
Senior Member
 
Dec8rSk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,335
Default

It's sad he went so young. I never met him in person, but exchanged a few PM's on this forum and he seemed like a good guy. He had a real love for skating, was welcoming to visitors at his home rink, and seemed like a very loyal friend. RIP Lawrence.
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2018, 08:10 PM   #12
Waterclocker
Junior Member
 
Waterclocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks for all the posts! An online memorial has been setup here if you would like to view it or share any memories.

http://lawrence-harasim.muchloved.com/
Waterclocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.