S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice)
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ask DocSk8 (Expert Indoor Skate Building Advice) This forum is different then the other SkateLog forums in that it is not a discussion forum, but rather a place you can ask skate building expert Fred "DocSk8" Benjamin about building and repairing indoor speed, derby, and jamskate quad roller skates. Please start a new thread for each new question.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Interested
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 36
Default Roll Line Metric

Hi Doc, I have a Variant plate but I really don't like the huge toe stop on it. I was wondering is it easier to rethread a toe stop or the plate. If is ever want to upgrade my plate would I have a problem if I re-threaded the plate? I really would prefer to re-thread a toe stop to metric but I don't know the measurements, can you tell me what they are? Thanks.
Interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish
 
Doc Sk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Big hill on Mars
Posts: 12,138
Default Rethreading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested View Post
Hi Doc, I have a Variant plate but I really don't like the huge toe stop on it. I was wondering is it easier to rethread a toe stop or the plate. If is ever want to upgrade my plate would I have a problem if I re-threaded the plate? I really would prefer to re-thread a toe stop to metric but I don't know the measurements, can you tell me what they are? Thanks.
If you want to upgrade your plate don't re-thread it.. But look close at the upgrade plan It isn't a good deal...

I'll have to dig for the metric pitch, I always re thread the plates....

I have tried doing the stops but it is a pain in the butt.... much easier to do the plates..
__________________
"The difference between good skates and great skates comes from knowing where to get the numbers."
Doc Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #3
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
If you want to upgrade your plate don't re-thread it.. But look close at the upgrade plan It isn't a good deal...

I'll have to dig for the metric pitch, I always re thread the plates....

I have tried doing the stops but it is a pain in the butt.... much easier to do the plates..

Doc i have done the stops from standard to metric, never the other way around and worked out ok. that was when the rolline first came around, i did some snyders.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish
 
Doc Sk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Big hill on Mars
Posts: 12,138
Default Care to elaborate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Doc i have done the stops from standard to metric, never the other way around and worked out ok. that was when the rolline first came around, i did some snyders.
How did you fixture the stop?? Inquiring minds want to know...
__________________
"The difference between good skates and great skates comes from knowing where to get the numbers."
Doc Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #5
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
How did you fixture the stop?? Inquiring minds want to know...

doc i am not sure but i think i put it in the vice and it worked just fine, my other thought for some reason is i hand held it and did it. i think it was the vice though, getting old lol. after that Derick used it in his rollines to do freestyle and it worked fine.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Nigelpcat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Default Roll Line Metric Toe Stop Thread

Hi guys. Think the thread is 14mm X 1.5mm pitch it's quite close to the imperial thread I wouldn't re tap the plates from metric to imperial or the other way. Weakness of euro should enable you to import some correct size stops easily. I have fun trying to find imperial thread stops in the UK but easy to get the metric ones. If you need help PM me and I'll see what I can do and what cost is likely to be from memory I think they will be about $15 + post. I'm resting at the moment with two injured elbows, how can you fall and land on both elbows? . As the doc said when dressing the worst injury they do make elbow protectors mmmm.
Ashley
Nigelpcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish
 
Doc Sk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Big hill on Mars
Posts: 12,138
Default Please read the forum rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelpcat View Post
Hi guys. Think the thread is 14mm X 1.5mm pitch it's quite close to the imperial thread I wouldn't re tap the plates from metric to imperial or the other way. Weakness of euro should enable you to import some correct size stops easily. I have fun trying to find imperial thread stops in the UK but easy to get the metric ones. If you need help PM me and I'll see what I can do and what cost is likely to be from memory I think they will be about $15 + post. I'm resting at the moment with two injured elbows, how can you fall and land on both elbows? . As the doc said when dressing the worst injury they do make elbow protectors mmmm.
Ashley
Actually I have been successfully re-threading Roll Line plates for about 6 years now. The only down side is the in - ability to trade them in... not that that matters to most of the sk8rs I have done it for...

Part of the issue here is we have not found any small speed style stops here in metric... Feel free to PM me with pix if you know of such...

Other than that, ASK Doc Sk8 is where I answer the questions.... If you wish to provide input, PM me directly... If I use it, I will attribute it...
__________________
"The difference between good skates and great skates comes from knowing where to get the numbers."
Doc Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.