S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old September 1st, 2018, 12:48 PM   #1
allanjeong

Default Optimal radius turn around corners for max acceleration?

I’ve been working on falling and leaning into the turns and skate edges to increase my acceleration around the two cones at each end of the indoor inline speed skating track. I have no such problems practicing the lean and edging when warming up doing small radius turns (and squatting low enough to trail my left hand on the surface of the floor) following the painted arcing lines on the inner circle of the track.

But on the large outer track, I’m finding it difficult to sustain a steady lean (or falling sensation) to get a consistent hard push on each stroke. Besides the need to skate at a sufficient speed to achieve the optimal amount of lean, could I be rounding the first cone at too sharp/tight an angle and do I need to skate a more rounded larger radius arc from cone 1 to cone 2? How can I go about determining the optimal radius turn?
allanjeong is offline   Reply With Quote