S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2019, 09:55 PM   #21
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 7,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
So Fierocious1... if you disagree with me enough it is OK for you to shoot me or for others crack me over the head with a bat?

edit:

Or drive over me with a car?
That is what the "Progressives" are proclaiming, not the conservatives.
The Conservatives are saying, don't infringe on my freedom of speech.
The Progressives claim that views opposing theirs are racist, fascist and tantamount to violence, and we will react with violence.

We got every right to shoot you once you become violent.

And if you are in a street or roadway, sure, we can run over you. YOU are committing assault by denying us passage on a road way. Unless cordoned off, protests take place on the sidewalk.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 10:32 PM   #22
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,022
Default

wrong answer. you are guilty of terrorism.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 10:50 PM   #23
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 7,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
wrong answer. you are guilty of terrorism.
PERFECT example. My view differs, confer GUILT on the speaker.
I'm not guilty. Yes you can run over a protester. (in most states) NO PROTEST is authrorized on highways/freeways. It is an illegal act.

Also, in most states, you can shoot a violent aggressor.

You are in fact the terrorist.
Trying to limit the freedoms of people by falsely labeling them terrorist.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 01:32 AM   #24
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
PERFECT example. My view differs, confer GUILT on the speaker.
I'm not guilty. Yes you can run over a protester. (in most states) NO PROTEST is authrorized on highways/freeways. It is an illegal act.

Also, in most states, you can shoot a violent aggressor.

You are in fact the terrorist.
Trying to limit the freedoms of people by falsely labeling them terrorist.
Reminds me of a guy that got mad at another driver in Dallas. Idiot got out of his vehicle and walked up the other car and started beating the driver. Driver put him down, self defense.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict. dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there.. dims lose rigged election and lose on rigged multiple investigations!
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 01:42 AM   #25
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
and if you are in a street or roadway, sure, we can run over you. You are committing assault by denying us passage on a road way.
wtf??? Are you saying this with a straight face??
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 02:32 AM   #26
zebra1922
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
T

We got every right to shoot you once you become violent.

And if you are in a street or roadway, sure, we can run over you. YOU are committing assault by denying us passage on a road way. Unless cordoned off, protests take place on the sidewalk.
Not a fan of proportionality are you? If someone impinges your right to use the highway, they may be taking part in an illegal act, but if you deliberately ran the over and killed them you would be guilty of murder. Whether this would be defined as terrorism or not would depend upon your motive, but given most of your posting of bile and hate, in your case I suspect it would meet the definition.
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 03:11 AM   #27
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 7,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
wtf??? Are you saying this with a straight face??
Of course. Are you STUPID. Learn the law.
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 12:14 PM   #28
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
So Fierocious1... if you disagree with me enough it is OK for you to shoot me or for others crack me over the head with a bat?

edit:

Or drive over me with a car?
A legitimate question for ferocious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Reminds me of a guy that got mad at another driver in Dallas. Idiot got out of his vehicle and walked up the other car and started beating the driver. Driver put him down, self defense.
Of course ferocious dodges the question, makes up a story about how Texans shoot first and ask questions later, general rabble-rouser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
That is what the "Progressives" are proclaiming, not the conservatives.
The Conservatives are saying, don't infringe on my freedom of speech.
The Progressives claim that views opposing theirs are racist, fascist and tantamount to violence, and we will react with violence.

We got every right to shoot you once you become violent.

And if you are in a street or roadway, sure, we can run over you. YOU are committing assault by denying us passage on a road way. Unless cordoned off, protests take place on the sidewalk.
But rufus certainly took the bait, the biggest fool jumps where angels tread.

BTW, this is a conversation about insanity, it's insane to murder, it's insane to plan murder, it's insane to have a conversation where you plan to plan murder.

So rufus flunks, he's planning murder...

Ferocious is just guilty of being in the peanut gallery located in the greasy bottom of the cellar.

What leads humans to the life of a deplorable?
__________________
Liberal authority comes from rational assessment of true facts followed by correct implementation of useful measures that result in a better outcome.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 03:02 PM   #29
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,022
Default

folks trained in critical thinking and productive problem solving with pro/con civil arguing will instantly recognize Fierocious1's childlike use of a strawman argument and Rufus' equally childlike use of false conflation.

A strawman argument is used when you cannot win issue "A" on merit and so you introduce issue "B" that sort of looks like issue "A" but is fundamentally different. Then you 'win' the "B" strawman and try to claim it as winning issue "A".

MY initial issue was:
Some people seem to feel justified physically attacking another if their political beliefs (or ethnicity, or body characteristics, or who they love) do not align closely enough with what they deem to be acceptable.

Fierocious1's strawman:
Person 1 physically attacks person 2, person 2 (rightly) defends themself.

My issue and Fierocious1's strawman are nowhere close to an equivalency. That differences over political beliefs reminds Fierocious1 of a physical assault is scary.



Rufus' false conflation is where he lumps peaceful and civil disagreement together in the same bag with physical attacks and commingles them, trying to make them appear to require the same response. Again... this is scary stuff.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 09:37 PM   #30
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 7,638
Default

Rapinoe WHO?

And just that quick,
the world moves on
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:30 AM   #31
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,609
Default

Only an insane person thinks the world moved on.

Trump is currently burning in infamy.

The world, the sane world is laughing at Trump, he's losing every battle, the Hooker is going to sink him, the Russian espionage is going to sink him, the racism is going to sink him, his stupidity has dug a hole he can't climb out of.

AAAAhhhhhhh

Truth Matters.
__________________
Liberal authority comes from rational assessment of true facts followed by correct implementation of useful measures that result in a better outcome.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:40 AM   #32
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat
 
rufusprime99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 7,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post

Too Juicy to pass up.

Hooker is going to sink him,

The hooker recanted.

the Russian espionage is going to sink him,

Russia is going to bury the Dems. Treason.

the racism is going to sink him,

The New Chant went from Lock her up, to, Send Her Back. You'll hear send her back all the way to election night.
Trump 2020
God Bless the President
__________________
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 04:41 PM   #33
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
folks trained in critical thinking and productive problem solving with pro/con civil arguing will instantly recognize Fierocious1's childlike use of a strawman argument and Rufus' equally childlike use of false conflation.

A strawman argument is used when you cannot win issue "A" on merit and so you introduce issue "B" that sort of looks like issue "A" but is fundamentally different. Then you 'win' the "B" strawman and try to claim it as winning issue "A".

MY initial issue was:
Some people seem to feel justified physically attacking another if their political beliefs (or ethnicity, or body characteristics, or who they love) do not align closely enough with what they deem to be acceptable.

Fierocious1's strawman:
Person 1 physically attacks person 2, person 2 (rightly) defends themself.

My issue and Fierocious1's strawman are nowhere close to an equivalency. That differences over political beliefs reminds Fierocious1 of a physical assault is scary.



Rufus' false conflation is where he lumps peaceful and civil disagreement together in the same bag with physical attacks and commingles them, trying to make them appear to require the same response. Again... this is scary stuff.
Strawman... lol, more like survivor attitude not wimpy.
In Texas law, a person that is being attacked IN their vehicle is at a severe disadvantage. That person getting pounded by person one IS extremely vulnerable to being killed. Person 2 pulls pistol to protect themself(in Texas a vehicle is your space similar to your home), shoots invader/violent intruder. Problem solved. I probably would have done the same thing.
Congested Dallas freeway. How long til a cop can get to you? How long can you take a beating? How many times can you get hit before the attacker knocks you out or kills you? Is this person trying to kill you? Scary stuff huh? Lol you might call me hard hearted, but Ill live another day while you are beat to a pulp or are dead in your car.
From the view you have you must be a passive person and unable to defend yourself. We don't put up with people invading our space down here, got something to do with living in Texas(hades).
Its logical to have a self defense/survival instinct. Not the mentality of wusses. Besides you can have all your uppity cetificates of education that eases your mind, doesn't do crapola if you are dead.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict. dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there.. dims lose rigged election and lose on rigged multiple investigations!
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 05:09 PM   #34
bjvircks
Major Trouble
 
bjvircks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,022
Default

Fierocious1... again with the irrelevant strawman argument???

The discussion was about peaceful differences resulting in unwarranted social and physical violence... not your example.

education has nothing to do with this... why do you insist in bringing it up?

You sound like someone who is scared of something and are looking for a way to feel safe. It seems you are mentally rehashing and practicing preemptive physical acts.

The rational disconnects in a growing segment of our population is what is scaring ME.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus, moritati
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 05:35 PM   #35
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
Fierocious1... again with the irrelevant strawman argument???

The discussion was about peaceful differences resulting in unwarranted social and physical violence... not your example.

education has nothing to do with this... why do you insist in bringing it up?

You sound like someone who is scared of something and are looking for a way to feel safe. It seems you are mentally rehashing and practicing preemptive physical acts.

The rational disconnects in a growing segment of our population is what is scaring ME.
I wanna see you talk down the attacker... lol
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict. dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there.. dims lose rigged election and lose on rigged multiple investigations!
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 05:38 PM   #36
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
Fierocious1... again with the irrelevant strawman argument???

The discussion was about peaceful differences resulting in unwarranted social and physical violence... not your example.

education has nothing to do with this... why do you insist in bringing it up?

You sound like someone who is scared of something and are looking for a way to feel safe. It seems you are mentally rehashing and practicing preemptive physical acts.

The rational disconnects in a growing segment of our population is what is scaring ME.
Maybe you should talk to antifa about uwarranted attacks. Your talking and attempting diplomacy will get your tail beat. You like to analyze but lack common sense as to what possibilities can unfold, leaving you unprepared, biden and you talk very similarly.
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict. dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there.. dims lose rigged election and lose on rigged multiple investigations!
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:31 PM   #37
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,870
Default Only one thing Im afriad of

https://flic.kr/p/2giMZgF

The loony left getting their corrupt way. Oac taxing @70%
__________________
"Liberal Logic", a phrase in conflict. dims = it's OK to kill babies.. real logic there.. dims lose rigged election and lose on rigged multiple investigations!
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 07:13 PM   #38
zebra1922
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
https://flic.kr/p/2giMZgF

The loony left getting their corrupt way. Oac taxing @70%
Any actual facts from Democratic policy proposals to back up any of this?
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2019, 03:23 PM   #39
ursle
Street Skater
 
ursle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 3,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
A legitimate question for ferocious.

Of course ferocious dodges the question, makes up a story about how Texans shoot first and ask questions later, general rabble-rouser.
But rufus certainly took the bait, the biggest fool jumps where angels tread.

BTW, this is a conversation about insanity, it's insane to murder, it's insane to plan murder, it's insane to have a conversation where you plan to plan murder.

So rufus flunks, he's planning murder...

Ferocious is just guilty of being in the peanut gallery located in the greasy bottom of the cellar.

What leads humans to the life of a deplorable?
And here we are further down the page and ferocious is still making up nonsense, making himself look like the tough guy his imagination must work overtime at, internet bullying is a mental illness.

Now everyone is afraid of Texas, ferocious will shoot you, rufus will sick his imaginary god on you and lordy...what could be worse.

Trump has surrounded himself with criminals and murderers, (putin, kim etc)
And these two trolls are defending his every racist move, makes them proud Russians and Treasonous ex-americans.
__________________
Liberal authority comes from rational assessment of true facts followed by correct implementation of useful measures that result in a better outcome.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.