S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 25th, 2016, 12:32 PM   #1
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Default outdoor wheel choices, not budget limited

I bought some roll line wheels for outdoor use, and i am very unimpressed.

Roll*line Heliums, bleh, my freaking poisons, or superflys work 10x better.

Whos got comparisons for outdoor wheels, modified and unmodified, im not sure what the limit of wheel size is on my skates, probably around 70mm without compromising too much turning.

Thought about zombie hawg wheels, minis maybe? No lip needed, 30mm contact patch works great, tried my vanilla groove n glides outdoors, and despite being listed as 99A and an aluminum hub, they did well. These will be mainly used for speed not agility so turning isnt a huge deal.

Weight is not a concern, would like to keep it down, but oh well if it cant be helped.

Ive never rolled those velocity race wheels, but I cant imagine them being as good as people talked about. After hearing how "good" these roll lines were supposed to be, and being greatly disappointed, i have heavy doubts on the twisters.

Road hogs are an option for a non modified wheel. Terrain doesnt matter, but the rougher the better for comparison honestly, th ad ts where you really see the advantages of a wheel with better rebound at the same duro.

What wheels have you rolled? What did you consider the best? Why?