S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old September 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #1
bazil270

Default Adjusting Seba High Cuffs

I've been reading a lot about how some Seba skates have adjustable cuffs, with 4 possible positions, but I haven't seen any discussions about it. What is it for actually? What different positions does it have and what do they do?

My friend has a pair of Seba Highs and was wondering how to really adjust them, can anyone maybe give some tips on this? Any input would be greatly appreciated! =)
bazil270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #2
GregT

There is a circle on both sides of the cuff with a bolt going through it. After removing the screw, you can rotate the circles to adjust the cuff up/down/forward/backward, I think. Though I've never really adjusted my cuff, so I am not sure how much it changes. Should be easy enough to try though.

Just be sure to tighten the bolt properly after, as you don't want it to loosen and fall out. In fact, I think I applied (blue) loctite to mine to secure it better.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #3
bazil270

Default Nice!

Tried it today, and somehow felt a little better. I made it lean slightly forward and placed it a bit higher. I had a very small but noticeable decrease in tendency to fall backwards.

Still having those awful break-in pain though, since I've just gotten these pair. And it's also my first time trying rockered setup, but as soon as I tried it, I loved it! Thanks for the help =)
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #4
GregT

Yeah, well there's no way around the painful Seba High break-in period. Well, except by order way too large a size, which some people do.

I'm actually glad to hear they are hurting a bit, as it suggests you might have fitted them well.

Don't worry. Depending on how much you skate in them, the break-in period will hopefully end in a month or so. After that, they are like slippers. You can skate in them all day and won't want to take them off for bed.

NOTE - Luckily, the Seba Igors somehow manage a great fit (and are stiffer than the Highs) without a painful breakin. Of course, the easy break-in comes at a higher cost in dollars.

Good luck!
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM   #5
bazil270

Been skating a lot these past few days, and I see so much difference to when I started 2 months ago. I'm finally doing better at beginner slalom techniques such as snaking or fish. And yesterday I learnt how to do the powerslide!

The pain is still there though, but less noticeable as I skate longer. Once I take them off though, the pain is another story... Can't wait for when they become slippers =D

One thing worries me though, even after I tighten the boots with laces and buckle them up real tight, my heel can still move slightly up and down. Is this something I should be really concerned with? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

And on the Igors, it's gonna be another few years before I finally have the cash (or skills to match) to buy them, so I'll leave that on my wish list for now =)
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM   #6
rubin427

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil270 View Post
And yesterday I learnt how to do the powerslide!
NICE!
rubin427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #7
bazil270

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin427 View Post
NICE!
Very nice.

But still have some errors to it. Gonna have to work on it more to perfect it.

Managed to (finally) do some crisscross today! So happy! It's been an obstacle all this while mainly because I have huge (HUGE) thighs, and crossing my legs have always been all but impossible.

The skating club in my uni has this inline hockey intro tomorrow which I am attending, hopefully it'll tune up my skating somewhat =)