S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #21
Bill

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastskater View Post
Well, it is up to us for this venture into preserving the skatelog
anyhow, it is very hard indeed for me on my level with Kathie, for an appearance, Bill I have heard you did meet with her in past, and might you be able to address such an issue to her? It would indeed be a great photo! I know she is very busy, but do let us know.

I think the raddison is a great move, and it will be crowded, which I think in the bar area is not able for reservations, but with munchies and happy hour, we should be able to slide through for our fix! Let's keep this place in mind, the break is only an hour or so?

please rick join us...there is alcohol available
I would still like to plan for a randell photohe sts up his studio in back and it makes a good meeting spot. as many will be there any way. we all need to work on getting kathie to attend again I remember trying tio get her to go back in the ABOUTInline forun days 10 years ago...she finally did show up in 2005. Kathie is a busy lady, so if we all ask nice and promise to be there she may drop on by. I'm sure kathie will read this thread, and may even respond to it. AND if rick shows up I buy the first few rounds of drinks. http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ons/icon10.gif
lets do ythis it will be fun.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #22
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just received an email regarding advertising in the program for Gold Skate, so it must be on! the part of the info advised:

This year's event (the Gold Skate Classic) will be February 14 and 15, 2009.

Looks like its def on..

rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #23
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
OK rick I won't even mention y the short guy you were hanging out with, or... no won't go there...:P

damn thats not right lol. at least let it be a short woman lmao.
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #24
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal

Depending on what's going on here, I plan on being there for the weekend.

There's a lot going on here in the home front--
MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #25
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWehmeier View Post
Depending on what's going on here, I plan on being there for the weekend.

There's a lot going on here in the home front--
MAY TRY FPR A FRIDAY NIGHT PHOTO IN THE DOEN STAIRS LOUNGE OF THE RADDISON. IF EVERYONE IS IN TOWN. i'LL NEED TO GET A DOG SITTER..
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #26
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

We'll be in Saturday, so if a planned meet up for the Raddison is a go, let us know. That should be much better and easier.

Any sign of a schedule?

Anyone: did you have a try out for the spots, (singles) or are the numbers down?
Old January 15th, 2009, 04:25 AM   #27
Bill

Quote:
We'll be in Saturday, so if a planned meet up for the Raddison is a go, let us know. That should be much better and easier.

Any sign of a schedule?

Anyone: did you have a try out for the spots, (singles) or are the numbers down?
the numbers are down, butthe addition of an elite ladies group reducedthe need for gold skate tryouts last tryouts I reecall were a few years ago.
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #28
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
MAY TRY FPR A FRIDAY NIGHT PHOTO IN THE DOEN STAIRS LOUNGE OF THE RADDISON. IF EVERYONE IS IN TOWN. i'LL NEED TO GET A DOG SITTER..
My going depends a lot on the cash flow around here. Dr. Doug isn't working. (Which is a seperate problem unto itself.) If I go I'm going to need a dog sitter and a mother in law sitter as well...

More as I know what I'm doing.
MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #29
kzarah

what is the gold skate?
Daniel
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:38 AM   #30
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzarah View Post
what is the gold skate? excellent question....Gold skate is an annual "showmanship" competition held for the past 44 years in california. it is skated with stage lighting, costumes and judged by non skating judges last year actor grace lee whitney (from "tar trek"was a judge. the events skated include single pairs dance teams, groups and production numbers with over 30 skaters.you can find a lot of videos on you tube. it is open to any one, and this year there will be skaters from braxil, canada, as well as the USA. the past few years it been held in fresno california. on persidents day weekend. as will this years gold skate.
Daniel
Where do you skate?
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #31
kzarah

Bill,
I don't skate any more. I grew up and skated out of Toledo Ohio. I moved to Orange County California some 30 years ago and have not skated much since. Until I found this forum about a year ago I had forgotten that artistic roller skating even existed.
So the gold skate is a show kind of thing. Have to say that show skating never interested me. I would watch it on you tube.

Daniel
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #32
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Thumbs up

Daniel,
Might we be able to get you to come to the show?
It would be such a nice chance to see some costumes and some group show quality and some just beginning their career in skating.

This event is held on the 14 and 15th of FEB, this year. It is in Fresno, CA and is with two days filled with skating events.

The place is in the middle of the downtown of Fresno, and there is more then enough room for friends.

Please try to come, you'll get to see some skaters that are in, "World Class" level.

Old January 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM   #33
Bill

Quote:
Daniel,
Might we be able to get you to come to the show?
It would be such a nice chance to see some costumes and some group show quality and some just beginning their career in skating.

This event is held on the 14 and 15th of FEB, this year. It is in Fresno, CA and is with two days filled with skating events.

The place is in the middle of the downtown of Fresno, and there is more then enough room for friends.

Please try to come, you'll get to see some skaters that are in, "World Class" level.

Plus most of the major vendors will be there an usually have goldskate specials, a good oppertunity to get fitted andget some skates setup.
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #34
HadiK

Default This might be the last year of GoldSkate

Quote:

Any sign of a schedule?

I was planning to WebCast this event, tyring to compete w/ Flaviao. However I was trying to contact ALS Video to provide the video feed. He is interested to provide the feed but BAD NEWS !. ALS is planning not going to be there this year, I try to talk him out of it but the outlook is grimmer by day. He will provide the video feed for the final events if he is going to be there. He hasn't call me back for his final decision. Official word, there is no body providing video service for this event so far. Bring your own !.

Second news, this might be the last year of GoldSkate !. This national event becoming regional event !. Unknown outside CA.

Let meet up on Saturday at the Radisson bar and cheer up to close down the event.

Hadik

Note: I will post some final events on youtube.
HadiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:03 AM   #35
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

[QUOTE=HadiK;243703]I was planning to WebCast this event, tyring to compete w/ Flaviao. However I was trying to contact ALS Video to provide the video feed. He is interested to provide the feed but BAD NEWS !. ALS is planning not going to be there this year, I try to talk him out of it but the outlook is grimmer by day. He will provide the video feed for the final events if he is going to be there. He hasn't call me back for his final decision. Official word, there is no body providing video service for this event so far. Bring your own !.

Second news, this might be the last year of GoldSkate !. This national event becoming regional event !. Unknown outside CA.

Let meet up on Saturday at the Radisson bar and cheer up to close down the event.

Hadik

Yep, We'll be there, it is a pure shame, but on the other hand, it is nice to be able to see the regional sector and then compete with National level for the group sections, anything else available for competitive for regionals?

I hope this stays, by so many up and coming "new faces."(fingers crossed)

Might there be some word on retiring rink owner(s)?

Any such news coming about of rinks being closed?

Okay, once I get the results aka schedule or vice versa

post please
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #36
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

I, again was just talking about this chance of Goldskate closing and maybe if a change to Regional timing... this indeed would allow others, outside of CA to then be able to compete. Although, this is of a different nature of sportsmanship, it would indeed allow many others to show their talents in artistic impression.

Wonder if such thoughts maybe in the works?
Wasn't too sure if you meant the regional to National event, as so what I have thought you'd meant.

That would be cool!

my last day of freedom, tomorrow...SCHOOL
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #37
CANative64

I have just have the chance to speak [by telephone] with Lorry Orcutt at Redwood Roller Rink, in Redwood City, CA.

She informed me that an associate of Jim Pollard's has told her that this will indeed be the last Gold Skate.

I had a pretty stellar record at Gold Skate and am proud of it. Gold Skate holds a very special place in my heart.

I am writing to friends to let them know of the news and will get a group together to go down for old times' sake and to pay thanks for the memories.

Peace

canative64
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #38
HadiK

Quote:
Wonder if such thoughts maybe in the works?
Wasn't too sure if you meant the regional to National event, as so what I have thought you'd meant.

That would be cool!

my last day of freedom, tomorrow...SCHOOL
Sorry, English is my 3rd language. GoldSkate is an Invitational event and open to eveyone. It used to be a lot more participants from other states. Now we left with mostly from CA only.

I am not sure the invite were sent to all the ART-Clubs around the country.

Even the registration date was past due - 1/9/2009. I was told they will take late registration.
HadiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #39
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANative64 View Post
I have just have the chance to speak [by telephone] with Lorry Orcutt at Redwood Roller Rink, in Redwood City, CA.

She informed me that an associate of Jim Pollard's has told her that this will indeed be the last Gold Skate.

I had a pretty stellar record at Gold Skate and am proud of it. Gold Skate holds a very special place in my heart.

I am writing to friends to let them know of the news and will get a group together to go down for old times' sake and to pay thanks for the memories.

Peace

canative64
Would be nice to get as many skaters who skated gold skate as we can to attend this last Gold Skate. GoldSkate is something that needs to be experienced to be appriciated. It was always special to me because everyone in the club worked togeather to make it happen. world classSkaters coaches and the skate dads who learned to skate better just to help out. Lorry Orcutt she always managed to make the Gold skate practices enjoyable.
Gold Skate helped Build many of the young clubs in California over the years and it still is doing that. It was a tangable way for artistic skaters to share their love for the sport with others new to the sport.
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #40
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

Hadik,

Thanks, for all information that you have given to us here on Skatelog. Might I ask, if Portugese is your first, Spanish is second, and then 3rd is the English? Sorry, Nosy

To All:
I am sorry to see this go, but will have to ask about this,"group number" for the spots in WC and JWC representation? They will then go to "Regionals" and then to "Nationals;" then judged and then brought to World's to represent U.S.A.?