S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old March 24th, 2019, 02:44 AM   #1181
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Had a good night Thursday at Leon Valley. The crummy DJ is out! TJ will be running the show, and has a song request sheet. Put in a request, he puts it in the queue, and it will come up randomly. San Antonio has too many rap lovers. I did hear songs I'd prefer not to. But, at least it is PEOPLE who paid their $10 asking for songs, instead of a dumb DJ shoving it down your throat.

I will say this, In the Still of the Night was MADE to be played on their sound system. It just freaking ROCKED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPt9HBRXuE
Old June 6th, 2019, 10:27 PM   #1182
Kassus

I finally made it back to the rinks. I switched jobs, fractured a couple of ribs in a skate-related fall, and then ended up with an upper respiratory infection that kept me from skating for close to four months. It sucked. The good news is that I finally got a new plate; the bad is that it's taking forever to break in because even though it's magnesium, I'd been skating on a cheap nylon plate for years.
Went to our local rink last night with a couple of my skate friends; at one point one of them rolled over to me and we kept the same footwork for the entire song (nothing fast, concentrated on syncing up). Another beginner adult complimented us and I thanked him, but on the inside I was like... YEAH! Nice to know that I was able to still do this.
Kassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 07:10 PM   #1183
zebra1922

Used a different rink for the first time in a while as my usual rink is closed for a few days for refurbishment. This other rink has a much bigger rink, and no pillars in the way so I though it would be a much better skating experience but I found it a little soulless. Not helped by the fact there were only around 10 skaters in the rink and the music wasn't great.

Took a little while to get used to the different surface (both wood floors). Its a newer rink so the surface overall is smoother, but although slippier (as noted when trying to get up to high speed or during crossovers) I found it harder to do normal pivot turns, ending up on my ass on several occasions. Probably just a question of getting used to a different surface in the same way getting used to new skates, wheels, pivots etc cane tricky.

An enjoyable session but looking forward to getting back to my usual rink. Smaller but a much better atmosphere.
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote