S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old May 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #1
shesk8

Default Skate Tour: Couer d 'Alene's, Idaho: July 4,2010

Idaho Summer Skate Tour Announcement: Get Ready to Roll! 74 miles of pure skating pleasure awaits you in Idaho!

SkateNow in conjunction with Skate Journeys meet up every 4th of July in Kellogg, Idaho for some of the best trail skating this country has to offer. The Trails of Couer d' Alene's consist of 74 miles of beautiful, scenic, and smooth pavement. While the trail is flat, there are slight rail upgrades on the extreme west & east ends.

Trip Details:
Dates: The days are flexible between July 1st-6th.
July 1:arrival. July 2-3-4 full skating days. July 5-6: skate and/or departure dates.
A total of 74 miles of pathway with skating over 3-1/2 days, averaging 25 - 50 miles of skating per day, with rest stops, photo opportunities, and water/snack breaks along the way.

TRAIL MAP INFO: http://friendsofcdatrails.org/our_map.html

The skate trip is open to anyone to join. There is no registration fee for the trip, it is not formally hosted, you skate at your own risk. Cyclist are welcome to join. Participants are also responsible for own accommodations, transportation, food, expenses, etc., but as courtesy please email Skate Journeys/SkateNow to let us now to expect you. There will be group BBQ's most evenings that are open to everyone to bring food for the grill and join in.

Accommodations:
Discount rates have been secured at Silver Mountain resort for skaters. Use Group discount code #43Q4RE when making reservations. This is the place most skaters stay, otherwise check the SkateNow site for other nearby area accommodation options less expensive. There is also camping in the area.

Silver Mountain Resort accommodations:
Silver Mountain
Phone: 800.204.6428 opt.#1
Group discount code: #43Q4RE
The below rooms can be reserved both online and by phone
Studio, sleeps 2 $118
Deluxe Studio, sleeps 4 $120
1 Bedroom Condo, sleeps 4 $140
The Loft, sleeps 6 (1 bedroom loft) $222
The below room types can only be reserved by phone:
Outside Corner Suite, sleeps 4 $155
Inside Corner Suite, sleeps 6 $212
2 Bedroom, sleeps 6 $232
2 Bedroom Extended, sleeps 8 $234
---------
12% tax is not included in above rates. Rates are per night, not per person.
Please check the room layouts on the website - the "sleeps" numbers shown above include sofa beds. Group discount rates does not include admission to the waterpark. You can get a two day pass to the waterpark for $20.
See you skating in Idaho this July 4th!

Last edited by shesk8; May 28th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #2
shesk8

Default Idaho trip: Skaters looking to share costs.

HI!
Any skaters planning on heading to Idaho - if you are interested in sharing hotel accommodations / costs please let us know. There are a few skaters looking/wishing to share room costs.

Thanks, and here's to looking forward to a great weekend of many miles on pavement!

See you in Idaho....
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #3
matty thoms
Jam Skate Mafia

Just left Post Falls back to California... Would have loved to come out to join you guys.........
matty thoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #4
slowsk8

I missed the notice for this this year, I was wondering if anyone still went.
I'm sure you all had fun I love that trail. Hope to see some on the local trails this summer, I think it starts tomorrow!!!
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #5
shesk8

Default Trail conditions update.

Just returned from Idaho, great skating, and perfect weather as usual. As bonus I am happy to report smooth as silk pavement!! Pretty much all of the 74 miles has been resurfaced, not that it was needed, but now things are even smoother than past seasons. I am very much in appreciation and support of the Idaho state parks for their above and beyond continued pathway maintenance.

Travel accommodations update: we spotted a new Trailside hotel offering $39/night, near Kellogg/Smelterville area, just off Hwy 90. Good rates for those looking to do this skate on the cheap. Otherwise, we prefer to base ourselves out of the Silver Mtn. resort. Most all hotels in area are pet friendly.

We met a local skater, Buzz, from Couer d' Alene, you may find him on the trail during your skate in Idaho. He's lucky to have such an incredible place to skate.

The summer is long, get up to Idaho and enjoy the Trails of Couer d' Alene.