S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old February 9th, 2017, 02:56 AM   #1
Higgy

Default Hiatus is over!

Hey y'all. The name is Kyle and I started skating in the early 90's at a local rink in Louisiana. I remember getting my first pair like it was yesterday. I had to sell a hot pink guitar I won from a radio contest and used the money to purchase a pair of Nitro (I think) boots with, coincidentally, hot pink wheels. I eventually saved up enough to buy a set of green Mad Hogs along with the matching case (like the rollerbones one you see around). Those were the days.

Now, I'm 34 and decided get back into it after my girlfriends son decided he wanted a skating party for his birthday. She bought me a pair of Riedell R3s with the SG Zoom wheels and ABEC 7 bearings. I spent about 3 hours at the rink and decided not only is it still a ton of fun, but a pretty decent cardio session as well. In a couple of days I'll be replacing the wheels and bearings with some white Shamans and Bones reds. I cant' wait.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:11 PM   #2
MSB256

I'm 34 as well and agree, skating is solid cardio.
MSB256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #3
fierocious1

Default buncha youngsters.... :D

Thats what I like... a good cardio workout.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #4
Higgy

Hey fierocious1,

I believe I read something in here where you said you were around the Spring area. is that right? I visit New Caney/Porter fairly often. Any suggestions on rinks in the area? I'm looking for family friendly as well as any that do adult nights.
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:16 AM   #5
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Hey fierocious1,

I believe I read something in here where you said you were around the Spring area. is that right? I visit New Caney/Porter fairly often. Any suggestions on rinks in the area? I'm looking for family friendly as well as any that do adult nights.
Champions Roller World, http://www.skatechampions.com/. Very friendly owners/managers. Clean, good sound system, clean bathrooms.... you won't regret checking this place out. Best in north houston area hands down IMO.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 03:25 AM   #6
Higgy

Awesome! Thanks.I believe the birthday party I'm going to is in Conroe at Rainbow, but I'll be checking out the one you mentioned while I'm in town I hope.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:03 PM   #7
Luv2roll

Default New 2

Most fun excercise ever & if you're into new moves, some skate tricks can be great for core.
Luv2roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:27 PM   #8
Tislord

35 with a wife and 2 kids....we all go once a week. Same situation big in High School then life happened. We are now all enjoying it. Great exercise and good family time.
Tislord is offline   Reply With Quote