S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:22 AM   #21
brikkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller_dudette View Post
OK, they are then PERFECT! I wanted something wider but I was looking at the speed wheels they had at the rink and they were a lot of wheel! I thought they would grip too much since I like to slide a bit on the ramps. My panthers, 95a, have TONS of grip but I could do a hockey slide on them. And they went over the bumps OK enough to go onto the carpet and all. So it seemed like a good tightness although when I get better, if I think the roller bones would slide great with the wide trucks!

OK, cool, I'm happy, decision MADE!!!!

I just hate spending tons of money if it aint right. Those will turn well. COOL!
if it make you feel any better i will end up getting another set when these are dead i got mine for 50 bucks
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM   #22
roller_dudette
skate addict!

OK, return customers means GOOD wheels!

Now I'm a happy gal!
roller_dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:30 AM   #23
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Oh, any opinions on who I should order from to get them FAST and cheap? I live in MD.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:44 AM   #24
brikkee

Quote:
Oh, any opinions on who I should order from to get them FAST and cheap? I live in MD.
hummm, i dont know i get my stuff from a friend who owns a roller rink named skateland hear in mass and knows my family for years. i also got my wifes boot from him and i got a good deal..i also might add i o him one
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #25
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Default wheel update

The zodiacs were much improved and much faster! Not sticky but still with serious grip. When I measured them they were about 38 mm. So pretty wide too. I didnt like the grip so much cause I couldnt do a hockey slide on the asphalt. The grooves really hold onto things.

OK, not even 2 weeks later..........

I found a BIG chip in one of the wheels. There seems to be air pockets in these wheels. Most holes were not even 1 mm so no biggy. But I had a 2 x 3 mm one a couple mm deep. I ordered from Skatemall and they were very nice and helpful. He said the skateboard wheels have more rubber in them.

From contacting bones, they said their roller bones was the same material as their skateboard wheels.

Anyway, when I called Skatemall to inform them what happend, they were extremely nice and said they would replace that one wheel free of charge. Then they are now going to send me a set of roller bones free of charge! So hopefully, I might find a better wheel for the skatepark thats fast and wont fall apart.

I also spoke to others and was told this wheel was cheap, hard and indestructible. Great for bowls.

http://www.sincityskates.com/2nd/wheels/vaporlites.html

So I will try those one day too if all else fails. Cheap is good!
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #26
brikkee

Quote:
The zodiacs were much improved and much faster! Not sticky but still with serious grip. When I measured them they were about 38 mm. So pretty wide too. I didnt like the grip so much cause I couldnt do a hockey slide on the asphalt. The grooves really hold onto things.

OK, not even 2 weeks later..........

I found a BIG chip in one of the wheels. There seems to be air pockets in these wheels. Most holes were not even 1 mm so no biggy. But I had a 2 x 3 mm one a couple mm deep. I ordered from Skatemall and they were very nice and helpful. He said the skateboard wheels have more rubber in them.

From contacting bones, they said their roller bones was the same material as their skateboard wheels.

Anyway, when I called Skatemall to inform them what happend, they were extremely nice and said they would replace that one wheel free of charge. Then they are now going to send me a set of roller bones free of charge! So hopefully, I might find a better wheel for the skatepark thats fast and wont fall apart.

I also spoke to others and was told this wheel was cheap, hard and indestructible. Great for bowls.

http://www.sincityskates.com/2nd/wheels/vaporlites.html

So I will try those one day too if all else fails. Cheap is good!
The zodiacs are made for indoors Dont count on them to much longer.

http://www.roll-line.com/jam_skating...php?cat=wheels
I have skated on a pair of Helium Orange indoor last week but i felt they where made for outdoor. drag city you can say.but it wasso much easyer to do 3turns on a 30mm. i also change my mind on the rollline leopards and ordered 97 Grease instead
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:19 AM   #27
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikkee View Post
The zodiacs are made for indoors Dont count on them to much longer.

http://www.roll-line.com/jam_skating...php?cat=wheels
I have skated on a pair of Helium Orange indoor last week but i felt they where made for outdoor. drag city you can say.but it wasso much easyer to do 3turns on a 30mm. i also change my mind on the rollline leopards and ordered 97 Grease instead
Brik i hope u want them to grip because they will, hope they arent too slow for you.
Old July 18th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #28
brikkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Brik i hope u want them to grip because they will, hope they arent too slow for you.
Don't tell me this lol.I hope they arent too slow for me.i took you advice about the leopards so i went down on the hardness now your telling me these are soft?Blah
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #29
rwsz

Quote:
Don't tell me this lol.I hope they arent too slow for me.i took you advice about the leopards so i went down on the hardness now your telling me these are soft?Blah
yes they are grippy dance wheels but people like them in art. if you look at the rest of my post i recommended the mustangs which are a step down from the lepards or pantners which are probably soft enough to do what you want and grip and maybe do what you want, then the fox would probably be equal to the grease i think.
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #30
brikkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
yes they are grippy dance wheels but people like them in art. if you look at the rest of my post i recommended the mustangs which are a step down from the lepards or pantners which are probably soft enough to do what you want and grip and maybe do what you want, then the fox would probably be equal to the grease i think.
I don't understand i'm sorry. The mustangs are the same hardness as the Grease 97a.I also did look to see if they came in a 63 mm i only see 57mm.63mmx30mm 97a is what i went for.

rwsz no work today
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #31
tmezz

Hey y'all
I know this is a little late Dudette but I do ride Radar Flat-out on ramps, and I like them. However the ramps are faced with steel not with skatelite (which is what i think yours are) on the steel the flat-outs work well but they may have too much grip on skatelite. IMESHO you do not want to go with a wheel as hard as most skateboard wheels, you do not the same distance between the wheels as a board does and you have four more wheels all attached to you it makes a difference. I think you want to go about 90A rather then the 95A to 101 A of skate wheels. Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.
tmezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #32
Exyled
Exyled Member

Brikkee
Have you tried the Helium outdoors?
if so how did you like them? I was considering those for outdoor skating

Exyle
Exyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #33
lordoftheskate

I own a set of heliums. And have used the Zodiacs. Both would be good for what your looking to do with them. As far as the rest of the radar wheels-bah! Riedell is trying way to hard way too fast to get into all the other aspects of skate parts. the rest of the radar wheels are made less dence. If you run over a pebble or anything that would put a dimple in the wheel then you just made a fracture point for the urethane to break. (ive had 2 different types do it already). the Zodiacs are a good wheel though. Solid w/ great grip.
Old July 19th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #34
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmezz View Post
Hey y'all
I know this is a little late Dudette but I do ride Radar Flat-out on ramps, and I like them. However the ramps are faced with steel not with skatelite (which is what i think yours are) on the steel the flat-outs work well but they may have too much grip on skatelite. IMESHO you do not want to go with a wheel as hard as most skateboard wheels, you do not the same distance between the wheels as a board does and you have four more wheels all attached to you it makes a difference. I think you want to go about 90A rather then the 95A to 101 A of skate wheels. Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.
Gosh, I need SPEED and the zodiacs almost privide too much grip honestly. I find sliding on the ramp helpful. So I dont want below 95a unless its smooth. Any more grip I wouldnt get up as far on the ramps and its exhausting, feel like my wheels are sticking to the ramps.

But the zodiacs chip very easy. I dont think they will last long. I was told that the vapor lites are good. In another month I'll be skating on concrete bowls so not sure what is best for that. Since my zodiacs chipped and from speaking to the guy, he thinks all those compounds wouldnt last, hes going to send me some roller bones for free since those are supposed to be the same material as the skateboard wheels.

Soft wheels are really dangerous on the ramps if you go one way and they are still grabbing. Some sliding is a good thing.

I was also told vapor lites are good, cheap, hard and virtually indestructible. So I"m still confused and this is an expensive experiment. The roller bones might be too slick but pretty much all the good quad vertical skaters use 97a or higher skateboard wheels.
Old July 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #35
brikkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyled View Post
Brikkee
Have you tried the Helium outdoors?
if so how did you like them? I was considering those for outdoor skating

Exyle
No i have not i tryed them out side.They where lordoftheskate Heliums we switched wheels for the night It was a very nice wheels but not made for a wood floors being so soft.They almost seemed like they where made for outdoors. i cant say how long they would last but they would be nice on smooth cement.
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #36
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
No i have not i tryed them out side.They where lordoftheskate Heliums we switched wheels for the night It was a very nice wheels but not made for a wood floors being so soft.They almost seemed like they where made for outdoors. i cant say how long they would last but they would be nice on smooth cement.
Problem is I need a wheel thats as hard as you skate in a rink otherwise I will have the same problems you did.