S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old October 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #1
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Default Squiggy 2009 - Results and Reports

Hi all,

The outdoor season has a few races left, but the new season has already made itself known

Squiggy Inline Classic 2009, March 13-15 is just 150 and-a-bit-of-change days away - so start planning.

We already have 6 people signed up and you're more than welcome to be one of the early birds, go here to sign up

We are both on Facebook and MySpace please become our friends - one can never have too many!

The event will be the same as last year, just better!! See event details here http://www.squiggyclassicinline.com/
Jessica and I have already hired the chip-timing company from last year

Hmm what else is new??

We are thinking of adding a 10K - depending on level of interest.
Also putting feelers out in the Roller Derby/quad community to see if there's interest for adding a quad competition.
Jorge Botero (our speed coach in Stardust, Tampa ) has promised to help promote the event in Europe and Columbia - hope even more and even stronger skaters will arrive.

More will be added as time pass, just wanted to let everybody know that we are here and going strong!

/Birgit
Old October 10th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #2
WonderGirl

Woman sign me up! I'll send ya' the $ I swear. jk I know how to work that active gizmo thingie. I can't wait to come back and better my time, maybe even be able to finally skate a marathon again. Ya' never know, it may happen again someday. Thanks for everything at A2A. Next year you skate it.
Renee
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #3
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderGirl View Post
Woman sign me up! I'll send ya' the $ I swear. jk I know how to work that active gizmo thingie. I can't wait to come back and better my time, maybe even be able to finally skate a marathon again. Ya' never know, it may happen again someday. Thanks for everything at A2A. Next year you skate it.
Renee
A2A that was my angle ohh I mean angel-gene shining through

I'm planning on skating and I heard a little bird singing that Jessica will to - so watch it sister and get in marathon-shape. Flatwoods being so flat makes it a great place to skate the first marathon of the year.

Better say it now - early on - so everybody sees it "remember sunscreen" !!!
- and if you do not trust me that the sun in Florida can be burning strong in March - ask TDell, he did not believe me, and he got red ears...

I'll keep looking for the perfect .jpg, let you know when I have found it!!
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #4
WonderGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgit View Post

I'll keep looking for the perfect .jpg, let you know when I have found it!!
Oh sweet torture, I will never be cured. Sounds like time for another head injury to kill off some more gray matter. Why is it that the intented ones are never the ones that die? You kind hearted meanie you.

Back on topic - Flat is undestatement for sure. I have skated indoor rinks that are more hilly.
Old November 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM   #5
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Happy to announce that Jeff Adams from Digital Pixel Photography will be our official photographer at Squiggy Classic Inline 2009.

You know him as the photographer from Tampa Classic last year, go see cool race pictures here http://digitalpixel.PhotoReflect.com

Also see pictures from a recent clinic that Jorge Botero held in Tampa with Team Stardust. http://www.digitalpixelphotography.com/jorge_botero/

Looking forward to have lots of cool race pictures that the racers just have to get!

/Birgit

If you want Jeff to come to your meet/race, his contact details are as follows

Jeff Adams
Photographer
Digital Pixel Photography
www.DigitalPixelPhotography.com
photo@digitalpixelphotography.com
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #6
WonderGirl

Jeff rocks! Known him forever. Former pro skater, now pro photographer. Good choice!
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #7
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

What if we are only going to skate the half or full marathon and we sign up the day of or before is that still going to be $65

"anonymous said Sorry, but my outfit would not look right with neon green wheels. "
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:40 AM   #8
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncspeed View Post
What if we are only going to skate the half or full marathon and we sign up the day of or before is that still going to be $65
What about signing up before the online sign up ends and only pay $55???

The price is for marathon or half marathon - the Time Trials and Skate in the Dark are free if you participate in the marathon.

Where else than at Squiggy do you get 3 great skates in warm sunny Florida for $55 if you sign up online and $65 if you come last minute and sign up at site?????

Hope to see you there, it will be great and as it looks now - Jorge Botero will race!!!
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #9
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

IT'S HERE - FINALLY FRIDAY 13th MARCH - Squiggy 2009 - let's begin!!!!

It seems that we will have a splendid day - at least splendid weather.

Do me a favor - remember that sunscreen Yes its only the beginning of March, but that means almost summer here in Florida and the Florida sun burns!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...omnav_vacation
Old March 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #10
WonderGirl

The Texans are here, let's get this party started!
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #11
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

And what a party it is

Great weather, great people and on top of that great results.

Here ya go:-)

http://www.triandduit.com/webforms/t...e=Time%20Trial

It was a warm skate - but Alex Fedek nevertheless cut almost a minute of the previous course record.

If you´re still sitting on the fence, then get down :-) and come skate with us tomorrow - Sunday 15 March.

On site registration starts at 7am at the Ranger Station see driving directions here: http://www.squiggyclassicinline.com/...directions.php