S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old March 31st, 2009, 08:17 PM   #1
The General
Ninja Skater

Default NSIM Executive Director position open

See story on Inline Planet. Too early for an April Fool's prank: http://www.inlineplanet.com/09/03/northshore-ad.html

I vote for Birgit and Jessica - co-Directors
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Thanks for the vote - I wish!!!! I don't think I could bear Minnesota year-round though
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Dev Gnoll
Eater of Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
See story on Inline Planet. Too early for an April Fool's prank: http://www.inlineplanet.com/09/03/northshore-ad.html

I vote for Birgit and Jessica - co-Directors

I can't image them that far north in the winter. Well maybe I can....

-ice statues of goddess skating figures, one by DaVinci, one by Reuban, rolling beside the frozen lake, chasing down a bicyclist on studded tires. A glaze of ice on wheels and icicles forming on the corners of glasses and edge of helmets....

Who knew that cheese was dangerous?
Dev Gnoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:02 AM   #4
MNGreene
No Witty Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Thanks for the vote - I wish!!!! I don't think I could bear Minnesota year-round though
Hoping you are referring to the weather.

Remember, there are lots of skaters and races here. Ok, so you have to scrape frost off your car windows sometimes before you drive to September races (NSIM '07). No worries though, we'll get you a nice ice scraper for a housewarming gift.

And at 30*F tar snakes die and are no longer a problem!

You like to cross train, right? Ice skating, cross country skiing, snow shoveling, we have it all!

Ok, I tried. If you reconsider we'd love to have you and NSIM would be better than ever!
MNGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #5
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

But I'm going to say "thanks but no thanks", snow is great, but I just want to remember it, not actually live in it

Just as Jessica, it would be a great position to get - hope they find one that can keep the event the great event it is said to be (have not skated it yet, so I do not know first hand if it is great, hope to skate it in 2009...)

I wonder if it is a position that you can actually live of or if it is a part time position a few months a year???