S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old March 24th, 2015, 07:49 AM   #1101
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Thats a good weight sir. Your a bit taller than I. Congrats on your weight control over these years. I'm sure your knees are thanking you!

@foot2big
Thanks so much man, we try to be careful with her diet, but not nearly as much as we should be.
She's allergic to nuts, mostly peanuts. Hope that wont change anything. Dunno about soy or other stuff. We keep her away from potentially dangerous foods . Her body also HATES lettuce and other veg. It sucks it doesn't even digest it. So much so that I though someone had gotten sick in the toilet one day. But nope it was just she didn't process any of the salad she had been eating(or very little). She about has a breakdown about her body the other month. Cause about the only thing that doesn't seem to give her issues with either digestion or allergens is garbage foods like McDonald's and crap, or breads etc. She was skating and working her ass off till her knee got messed up. So she's back at square 1. And there's few indro docs around here. Sucks.. Getting stuff done is such a PITA.

She's my little sloth
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:51 PM   #1102
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Oh man, and the hypo will effect your mood and motivation too.

It sounds like she's not absorbing food well. Start her on a very good probiotic if she's not already. At least a 50billion load. Might even start with a 1 week loading of the 200billion capsules, then back it off to a maintenance dose of 50billion. (health food store. Get the good stuff)

Leaky gut is the leading cause of Hashimoto's. It causes the anti-body response that makes your body attack the thyroid. This was my issue. By cutting ALL gluten (very very important) and the probiotics this will be a good platform to grow on. She has to cut ALL sugar, and ALL processed foods.

Mostly tho, is the NDT thyroid (armor or other). This is key. That synthetic shi7 does NOTHING.

NutriMed Nutripak has it online you can order directly until you find a doctor that will work with you.
HERE: http://www.regenerativenutrition.com...tive-p-194.asp
Old March 24th, 2015, 05:17 PM   #1103
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

Damn mort, I'm sure that is very aggravating for both of you. I lost my weight doing low carb, and exercise. It isn't for everybody, but it works for most people. The older you get the harder it is. Any other medical issues can make it very difficult. Diabetes runs in my family, so the low carb thing is more than likely my future anyway. Thyroid can be very hard to deal with, and digestion issues too. Going to have to figure out what works, and count cals, which sucks. I rode a bike on the stand, because of my knees. Might try that. Low weight, and stress on them, with very little impact. My knees feel 3x better losing my weight. "Motivation". Keep her motivated, without nagging her. Not always easy to do.....
Old March 27th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #1104
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

Friday weigh in. 197 +1 :-(
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:00 AM   #1105
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

That's the **** I'm talking about!

I got to 196 back in july of 2011. But before that it's been since High school since I've been down in this range.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:13 PM   #1106
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

192 - Senior, Highschool weight.
Old June 19th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #1107
Jeltz

Through a mixture of cycling and indoor skating twice a week I have lost 9 pounds in the last month

I have a wrist band heart rate monitor with a light system which shows the heart rate zone according to the colour of a flashing light. Blue, green, orange, purple, red; if it drops to green it means I put in little more effort, and gives me an approximate calorie burn rate. 2-2.5 hours of skating keeping in the orange zone as best I can gives me a calorie burn of 800 - 1200 kcal.

That said I would like to lose another 15 pounds.
Jeltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #1108
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

193. Been a while since I been on here..