S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old June 18th, 2015, 09:42 PM   #1
shesk8

Default Seba Marathon 100 review

Seba Marathon 100 review:

In my quest for that ultimate 'comfort without comprise' long distance skate, I recently set up a Seba Marathon boot onto my EO 4x100 frame. I own an Igor skate and have tried the Trix skate (which this boot is modeled after) both fit well, like a glove, with a tiny bit of room in the toe box(anticipating some swelling of feet from heat), and just the right amount of vibration dampening underfoot for the long, long skates on any road surface (though, admittedly I have not taken them on the dreaded chip seal - that is my next test).

The Seba Marathon boot comes in a standard pkg with either 4x100 or 4x110 frame & wheel configuration. It has an integral Carbon-fiber base boot with leather. It's distinguished from other skates in this classification, like RB or K2 cross-trainer skates, by virtue of its performance fit, low profile, minimalistic boot design (less bulky and no sloppiness). Just enough padding for comfort, not so much that one comprises efficiency and speed, or loses feel of the road.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I comprised my test skate (below) using the Seba marathon boot with EO frames & G13 100mm wheels I had from my speed skates. I also removed the lateral supports, as I consider myself pretty savvy on the technical side and did not feel necessary the added support. But, will suggest for someone coming up to the ranks moving up towards low-cut speedskates, or still working on honing technique to keep the brace system in tact for the added lateral support.

The true test will be putting on100+ miles in Idaho in a few weeks. Looking forward to logging miles on these.

And, my skate sock of choice - the SOLE sock. I gave it a Thumbs up review after 100 miles of skating!

admin: I reposed this in the speed forum, not sure to leave this post, or how to take it down.

Last edited by shesk8; June 23rd, 2015 at 04:43 AM.
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote