S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #1
batonstar

Default 3 Jump Combination

I need a combination jump consisting of 3 single jumps for a competition in June next year. I want one that I don't find too easy and one that may need a little work to make perfect.

To give you an idea, I find doing Salchow-Half Loop-Flip fairly easy and would like one that may be a little more challenging to complete.

What can you suggest that I could try?

Or maybe someone could list all the possible single 3 jump combinations in order of easy to hard.

Thanks!
batonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2
MiltonChris
bOoGie -, bOoGie

Default nice..

I did this one time on accident I Jump n turned and landed ever so lightly on my left foot so soft that I Balanced around the corner like that.. so I'm working on skating out away from the mohawk on my special foot .. I seen this on you-tube; don't know if it's challenging but you definitely need something to work on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgbFGI5lLg
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #3
inverse137
www.sjsartistic.com

If you want a challenging combo with all singles then try Flip - Euler (half loop) - Flip

or Lutz - Euler (half loop) - Flip

or Lutz - Loop - Loop.

A real Lutz will challenge you. Me personally...I get sloppy sometimes and do a Flutz...A Lutz where you rock over to the inside edge at the last moment for a Flip.

The easiest would be something like Waltz - Mapes - Mapes.

Hardest would be something with a single axel - Euler - Salchow or Flip

I think the flip euler flip is a challenging combo with all single rotation jumps.

The point values for single jumps are:

CLASS C

DESCRIPTION COEFFICIENT
Flip 2.5
Euler 2.5
Lutz 3.5
Wilson 3.5
Lutz without toe 3.5
1 Flip, 1 Lutz 3.5
Split Flip/Lutz 3.5
Loop 3.5
Loop (IF – OF) 3.5
Collridge 4.5
Boeckle 4.5
Axel Paulsen 4.5
CIPA RULE BOOK 2012 47

CLASS D

DESCRIPTION COEFFICIENT
Waltz Jump 1.5
Mapes 2.0
Toe Walley 2.0
Salchow 2.0
Split Mapes/Toe Walley 2.5

Last edited by inverse137; November 27th, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
inverse137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #4
batonstar

Thanks for the replies so far, but I forgot to mention that the 3 jumps have to be all different, I can't have 2 that are the same.

I've not long started working on the axel properly so I doubt I could use that one as one jump.
On the lutz I used to do the 'flutz' too so I will have to see how I go in the coming weeks on that jump before I could consider that one as one in my combo
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Ancient1

Can you do a Boeckle? if so try one of these: Boeckle, loop, mapes or Boeckle, euler, salchow.

Try the harder jump first. You should have the best speed on the most difficult jump because the following jumps will end up slower. Speed is the friend, not the enemy when you jump. Please drum that into your soul.

A Boeckle isn't difficult at all. Most people have a block on doing it because they think Axel or oh it starts forward. All it is, is a loop that starts off with a half loop starting in the forward direction. If you have never done one before, try doing an inner forward loop or a forward half loop. Get the feeling then the rest is easy. It really is a VERY easy jump. Now you can do the Boeckle with the free leg in front or as a drag behind. I like in front but never had a problem doing it from behind either. Try it, you may like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batonstar View Post
Thanks for the replies so far, but I forgot to mention that the 3 jumps have to be all different, I can't have 2 that are the same.

I've not long started working on the axel properly so I doubt I could use that one as one jump.
On the lutz I used to do the 'flutz' too so I will have to see how I go in the coming weeks on that jump before I could consider that one as one in my combo
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #6
rwsz

all good combos listed already but try the lutz ,,,loop,,,loop combo ,,,or axle loop loop euler flip
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #7
batonstar

Rwsz - the 3 jumps have to be all different, I'm not allowed 2 of the same jump within the combination

Ancient1 - I have never heard of a boekle, is there anywhere I can se this jump in action?
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Nostalgic

The Boeckl is an IF takeoff with 1 revolution to an OB.
Nostalgic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #9
inverse137
www.sjsartistic.com

Quote:
Rwsz - the 3 jumps have to be all different, I'm not allowed 2 of the same jump within the combination

Ancient1 - I have never heard of a boekle, is there anywhere I can se this jump in action?
Boekel...ugliest jump ever created :-)

It takes off from a forward postion on the right foot, does 1 1/2 rotations and lands on the right foot. RIF take-off, ROB landing.

I hear Boekel and I think Leroy Hicks. You can see a double boekel here at 5:10. Only double boekel I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmkSDczU20

Here is a single Boekel he did a couple of years ago....he's in his 50's! Once a freestyle skater, always a freestyle skater! :-) @ 1:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an22zVxkkgE
Old November 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #10
batonstar

Am I right in thinking by the looks of the Boekle jump that you kind of go into it on 2 feet and take the left foot off the floor just after you start the rotation for the jump?

I woould like togive this jump a try in practice but I don't think here in the UK we would be allowed to do it in a competition.
Old November 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #11
rwsz

its a single foot takeoff just butt ugly thats all lol,,,,if done correctly you can do it in a competition as its a jump in the book. i seen a few skaters do them horsing around but not too many in competition because of how they look.
Old November 29th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #12
inverse137
www.sjsartistic.com

Quote:
Am I right in thinking by the looks of the Boekle jump that you kind of go into it on 2 feet and take the left foot off the floor just after you start the rotation for the jump?

I woould like togive this jump a try in practice but I don't think here in the UK we would be allowed to do it in a competition.
Like Rick said...I also used to just play around with one but just for fun.

The setup I was taught was LIF step RIF jump.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do one in competition. It is a legal CIPA jump.

I tend to think of it as a novelty jump. I can't tell you why I think of it that way...I just do. :-)
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:11 AM   #13
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

axel, mapes, loop

or

mapes , euler, socawl (sorry, not too good with spelling on that)

*axel, loop, loop

mapes, loop, loop

*hell the Italians won it with triples and doubles, start it up!

double, triple triple ...won Roberto Riva the Gold in WC.
Old March 28th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #14
larryoracing

Talking Wow, this is really starting to scare me ....LOL!

1) Batonstar can already do the following jump sequence. She says this is easy.

Salcow = 2.0
1/2 flip = 1.5
Flip = 2.5
----------------
Total points 6.0

2) Batonstar would like to try the boeckel. Contrary to what people have said this is one of the hardest jumps in the single jump category. Value 4.5 points, equal to the axel in difficulty. The axel is also worth 4.5 points. These are the two of the hardest "single" jumps, because in reality they are 1.5 revolutions and not one.

a) Why do people say they are easy? Because if you had your choice of a double rotation jump or a 1.5 revolution jump, which one would you pick? The 1.5 revolution jump of course. You have your pick, either the axel or boekel.
I agree the boekel is easier than the axel, but it is a finesse type of jump that relies on timing, much like the loop jump. The loop jump is not difficult once you get the hang of it, but it high degree of difficulty jump. It is worth 3.5 points, more than the flip or mapes.

a) Baton star already has the flip = 2.5 points.

3) So how to you combine the boekel with the flip? With the euler, but this is not a half euler, it is a common 1 full revolution euler. Worth 2.5 points. It is equal in difficulty to Batonstar's flip which she has already mastered.

4) So if Batonstar learned how to do the boekel and a euler her new combination would be equal to"

Boekel = 4.5
euler = 2.5
flip = 2.5
------------------------
Total 9.5

5) Baton star would increase the difficulty in her combination by 3.5 points or approximately 58%.

6) This new combination "may need a little work to make perfect".

Larry O

I say go for it. And contrary to what people say the Boekel is a beautiful jump. But it is a timing jump and awkward. When done correctly like Leroy Hicks, SW Pacific Regionals Sr Men champion it is a work of art. It is beautiful and elegant and all of the above. For many its a hard jump to hit consistent and I feel that is why they leave it out of their routines. In the old day many singles skaters preferred the double axel, which I felt was a harder jump than the double boekel.

Let me give you an example of two mens Sr Singles Champion jump sequence.

Leroy Hicks completed this combination in competition.

2boekel, loop, 2 loop, loop, 2 loop, loop and finally a 2 mapes.

Jim Bray completed this combination three times in practice in the SW Pacific Sr. Mens singles championship, but for some reason he did not throw it in competition.

2 axel, loop, 2 loop, loop, 2 loop, loop, euler, 3 flip. Needless to say this was a spectacular combination, but he did not throw it in competition. I was in total amazement when I saw Jim throw this combination in practice. He did it three times in a row, took off his skates and went home. This was his practice. Why did he do this? My theory was to totally blow the competition away. It was a phsycological warfare on his competitors. Did it work? You tell me.

Larry O and have a great day.
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote