S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old September 1st, 2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Madcow

Thumbs down Powerdyne Plates

Went skating tonight with a friend he has Powerdyne Dynapro plates.
The only thing I can say about them is, I would never buy or recommend them to anyone.

He's had the plates about 7 months & has had some cushions split, that wasn't a big deal because I gave him 4 sets of new cushions I don't need.

Tonight he turn around backward & bit it good "hit his head on the floor" when he got up his skates didn't feel right.

When we looked closer at his skates this is what we found.

By madkaw

By madkaw
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Fragboy
Multicoloured wheeler

Default EEK!!!

Hope his head is ok.

Never had a truck fail ever...my skates and skateboard trucks were always ok (as was everything else luckily enough) and that was bowl/ramp riding and street too...that seems pretty bad for a not very old and not cheap piece of kit.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM   #3
athos

A guy showed me the exact same break a couple of weeks ago at a rink. Not a good sign.
athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM   #4
Stitches
I<3 Skating!

Guess that's why they call them DynaPoop around here?
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:21 PM   #5
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!

Default DynaPoop

Yep.. those be the dynapoop signature break..

I have seen it myself before as well.

THOUGH i have to ask... why does he have a jump bar on there.... I would FIRST say that .. it may have had something to do with the break.. since that top cup did not sit perfectly on the cushion..but I have seen that exact break before with out the jump bar.

People think they are saving money.. getting a AL plate.. and saving 100 dollars on a Reactor..but they are NOT getting Reactors lil brother.. they are getting the dirty ole uncle that belongs locked in a shoe box..
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:41 PM   #6
Sonrisa
Scared to skate backward

The same exact thing happened a few months back at my rink. Someone had Dynapro and I would guess he weighed about 150lbs wet. He went up on his toes to do a toe spin/grapevine and ate it hard. We went to look and sure enough, his front left truck split in two like those pictures.

Luckily he was just a little bruised on his knees and nothing more serious. Stay away from Dynapro!
Sonrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM   #7
likkwid
likkwid

they need to take everything off the market BUT the reactor...

everything else they make is garbage.
likkwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM   #8
Fragboy
Multicoloured wheeler

Default Reactors

So

Are the reactors any good or are there better plates for that kind of $$ ??

I was considering the Reactor as my plate choice but may go a bit more if not worth it.
Old September 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM   #9
likkwid
likkwid

I bought a reactor about a month after they hit the market, and they were nothing short of awesome!
Old September 1st, 2008, 04:35 PM   #10
The Notorious DGD
Has Too Many Skates

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's a stock DynaPro truck. I have a spare truck that came off a 265 Wicked, and it's unpolished.

I've never seen a DynaPro truck break, but I have seen it happen to a Torq truck, and they're very similar. In that case, the skater was probably around 200# and had never done any kind of truck adjustment. Other than that, I haven't seen any similar problems, and I'm guessing that at least a third of the skaters I know are on those plates.
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM   #11
likkwid
likkwid

Look closely at picture #1 on this thread!!!!

Wanna know why the truck broke????

look at the pivot... where's the cup?

exactly.

That's why it broke!
Old September 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM   #12
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!

Default Reactor..

THE only negative issues I have heard about the Reactor.. are the cushions..

PERSONALLY.. we have 20 skaters that are currently skating the reactors.. and have not had ONE complaint.. issue.. break.. with anyone. They have all loved them. I think with time.. we will only see reactor.. and roll line products with most skaters....

I personally would skate a PROBE before Id skate a Dynapoop. ((I almost said Sunlice.. but then I puked a lil in my mouth..))
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Stitches
I<3 Skating!

[QUOTE=I personally would skate a PROBE before Id skate a Dynapoop. ((I almost said Sunlice.. but then I puked a lil in my mouth..))[/QUOTE]
OKay, now you've done it! I spewed coffee out my nose!
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM   #14
Madcow

The jumpbars & trucks came already mounted on the plates, he bought a complete skate package from an online store.
I talked to him the first time he & his wife skated on there new skates.

When his cushions split I told him he should replace the Dynapro's with his Super Deluxe plates.

He likes his trucks loose, they were adjusted the way he likes them.

The pivot cushion is still in the plate.
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM   #15
bilboa

My friend's stock Dynapro truck broke just like in the picture as well. Lots of the derby players in our league use Dynapro plates though and hers is the only one I've seen break. So it doesn't seem to be extremely common.
bilboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM   #16
marionr26

is that one something like this one

http://www.webersports.com/store/Pow...P1482C201.aspx
marionr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:06 PM   #17
Madcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by marionr26 View Post
is that one something like this one

http://www.webersports.com/store/Pow...P1482C201.aspx
That's them.
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM   #18
dimahdarling
Rollergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayglodivine View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's a stock DynaPro truck. I have a spare truck that came off a 265 Wicked, and it's unpolished.

I've never seen a DynaPro truck break, but I have seen it happen to a Torq truck, and they're very similar. In that case, the skater was probably around 200# and had never done any kind of truck adjustment. Other than that, I haven't seen any similar problems, and I'm guessing that at least a third of the skaters I know are on those plates.
Yes, you're wrong, the Dynapro trucks are polished, unpolished ones come on the nylon powerdyne plates....
Reactor is the sh**t, great knockoff of the famed Prolines, can't come up with a better knockoff, I have skated on them for going on 3 years, before they were released and I am having a hard time finding a replacement to it for what I use them for...
I will be interested to see what the new Triton is all about; although I have a feeling it will be derby "hype", Riedell has cashed in very well on the derby craze without really ante-ing up a really amazing "derby" product. I have a feeling it will be a glorified Dynapro plate.
I'm sorry, but I am amazed at how many girls have bought into the wicked package! It is heavy as a rock and ugly to boot.
Their new boot, looks crazy as well, can't wait to get my hands on a set of those to and put it to the test.
So far the only product other than their older boots I'm impressed with is the Reactor....
dimahdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM   #19
marionr26

Guess dont need that plate guess I need to speed more than 109.00 to get a decent plate?
marionr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:11 AM   #20
The Notorious DGD
Has Too Many Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimahdarling View Post
Yes, you're wrong, the Dynapro trucks are polished, unpolished ones come on the nylon powerdyne plates....
Reactor is the sh**t, great knockoff of the famed Prolines, can't come up with a better knockoff, I have skated on them for going on 3 years, before they were released and I am having a hard time finding a replacement to it for what I use them for...
I will be interested to see what the new Triton is all about; although I have a feeling it will be derby "hype", Riedell has cashed in very well on the derby craze without really ante-ing up a really amazing "derby" product. I have a feeling it will be a glorified Dynapro plate.
I'm sorry, but I am amazed at how many girls have bought into the wicked package! It is heavy as a rock and ugly to boot.
Their new boot, looks crazy as well, can't wait to get my hands on a set of those to and put it to the test.
So far the only product other than their older boots I'm impressed with is the Reactor....
The truck in my picture came off a 265 Wicked. Couldn't have come from anywhere else, either; the nylon plates do not use the same trucks. (The truck on the left in the pics below is from my 265 Vandals.)

I'm guessing that at some point, Riedell started using polished trucks, as I've seen both. Maybe one is more prone to breakage than the other. Either way, I was thinking of picking up an old pair of DynaPros from a skater who upgraded and putting them on my 125s (backup/outdoor skates). Now I'm rethinking that plan.

As far as the Tritons are concerned, the MSRP is actually LOWER than the DynaPros.