S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old August 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Default How to get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum

Automatic user registration has been turned off in the SkateLog Forum, probably permanently, but it is still very possible to get a user account and posting privileges. Here's how:

Send a message to me and forum co-host Jessica Wright at skatelogadmin@gmail.com with the following information:

1. Two user names - your 1st and 2nd choice

2. Where you live

3. If you skate, what kind of skates do you have, what kind of skating do you do, and where do you skate?

4. If you don't skate, what is your interest in skating? (potential skater, former skater, parent, coach, fan, rink owner, federation official, judge, event organizer, etc)

5. Optional: If you know a current SkateLog Forum member, asking them to send us a message recommending you can speed up the validation process, but this step is optional and not a requirement.

Everybody who wants to talk about skating is welcome in the SkateLog Forum, but we ask user account applicants to introduce themselves to help us screen out spammers and spambots. Jessica and I are committed to keeping the SkateLog forum 100% spam free!

- Kathie Fry

Last edited by Kathie Fry; March 9th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Salamanda

An acquaintance of mine is having trouble getting an account. She's tried a couple of times, the latest was a little over a month ago and she's never heard anything back. Is there a problem?
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Salamanda and others, if any of your friends are experiencing delays getting their SkateLog Forum accounts approved, please send a message to skatelogadmin@gmail.com giving us that person's name and email, telling us how you know that person, and giving us your recommendation that we approve their forum account. Another way forum applicants can speed up the approval process is to send us a link to their Facebook page.

- Kathie
http://www.tapdancingresources.com/
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Rattybabe
Baby Zebra

I sent a message months ago recommending someone and she still hasn't been approved.
Rattybabe is offline   Reply With Quote