S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old January 19th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #1
kmwmstillskatin

Default Rinks and Skate Shops in Las Vegas?

Have a group going up to Vegas the 1st weekend in March. Can anyone tell us the best place to skate there? We are probably looking for a Saturday afternoon session somewhere. Help??
kmwmstillskatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #2
diagetus

Either Crystal Palace should work fine. I personally had a good time at Crystal Palace (Boulder). It was a nice mix of music you could dance skate to - top 20's sort of music. The wood was well kept.

More important, there's no slot machines in there. So you can't gamble away your savings while skating. I'm sure a local regular on the forums here can give more detailed advice.

Good luck!

Last edited by diagetus; February 7th, 2010 at 09:10 AM.
diagetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #3
Skatervideoguy

Hi kmwmstillskatin,

I'll second diagetus's assessment. The Boulder Rink is my Fav.

If you're very tall, then watch out for the corner speakers, as they hang down too low to the floor. At 6'9" on my skates, I could take off half my arm, if I happened to throw it up at the wrong time. That's assuming they haven't raised them up since I was there June of 2008.

Harold

Last edited by Skatervideoguy; May 8th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Skatervideoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Mystic
SWM So Cal

I posted reviews of both the Vegas rinks on my web site socalskatingreview.com if you want to check them out. One is a little better then the other. Scroll down to the bottom of that page.

There is also a park that has a free outdoor rink. It's a little dirty and cold at night but you might catch a local derby team practing there. It's at: West Flamingo Park 6255 West Flamingo Rd.

www.socalskatingreviews.com
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:50 PM   #5
toeskater

The Crystal palace in Boulder is the best. I was there a three years ago and it was great. Good floor, good atmosphere, great music, and nice people work there. It would be good for a group event or anny other.

When I return to Vegas that is where I will skate.
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #6
kmwmstillskatin

Default Vegas

Thanks for the info! I think we will try Boulder!
kmwmstillskatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Gemma

Default Skate shops in Las Vegas?

Hi, my boyfriend is going on a short trip to Vegas from the UK and he has very nicely offered to get me some wheels as they cost about twice as much here in the UK or you have to factor in huge postage, customs and tax if ordering from the US.

So I was wondering if there are any skate shops with a decent variety of wheels in Las Vegas. I suppose he'll be based around the strip.

Thanks!
Gemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #8
Poobah

Sin City Skates USED TO be based there, but has since moved to Tucson and now San Diego.
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #9
Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
So I was wondering if there are any skate shops with a decent variety of wheels in Las Vegas. I suppose he'll be based around the strip.
Neither skating rink in Vegas is on or all that near to The Strip. I'd imagine that Crystal Palace Boulder is a bit closer? Depending on which end of The Strip he's at...

Anyways, most rinks in the U.S. are Riedell dealers, one or both of them might be Sure-Grip dealers as well.

Riedell owns Radar Wheels and distributes Heartless Wheels. Sure-Grip sells a fair assortment of wheels themselves. What he COULD do is order some wheels from an online skate shop and have them ship to his attention at his hotel? I would have the concierge at the resort be aware that a package is coming to his attention and that it might arrive before he does.
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #10
khail71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
I would have the concierge at the resort be aware that a package is coming to his attention and that it might arrive before he does.

i had a vegas hotel receive a package for me a few years back.... they did a fantastic job handling the incoming package for me.... i had it waiting in our room for me when i got back to the room for a brief nap..... just make sure you communicate the plans with the hotel and make sure you speak directly a manager