S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Outdoor Trails
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Trails Tell us about your favorite outdoor skating trails.

Old September 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #1
skaterdog

Default Promoting a trail skate

For several years I have participated as the only skater at the annual Trail Ride at the Pere Marquette Rail Trail in Midland, MI (http://tinyurl.com/y5fqna)
In 2005 I tried to recruit some skaters and a couple of dozen showed up. I read this letter on the trail site:

Quote:
“Since 2005 some of my friends and myself have visited Midland, Mich for the FoPMT biking and skating
event in August. Each time we have all enjoyed the fantastic trail that offers a great skating venue. The event
has always been well planned and staffed. The volunteers are all friendly and interested in the type of skating
we do and the type of skates we use. It is especially enjoyable to have a long, 30 miles one way, mostly flat and
smooth surface for skating. We are able to skate at a fast pace, 18-20 mph in a pace line for longer distances
between road crossings. This is not always the case at many other trails. It is worth the 275 mile trip from Ohio
to participate in this day’s event. Those who already reside in Mich travel from the metro Detroit area. The
park that hosts the event is also very nice and a good motel right at the park makes it complete. When planning
weekend travels each summer we will include coming back as long as skaters are invited. See you in 2008
This might be an idea that would work on other trails.
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #2
slacker

Default Probably skating this Saturday on Pere Marquette

If the weather isn't too discouraging, a few of us will be traveling from the Detroit area this Saturday to skate the Pere Marquette. We're planning on meeting at the Farmer's Market area at around 8:30.
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #3
skaterdog

Wish I could join you but I'll be at a Cross Country meet. Looks like it might rain. The area between Dublin Rd. in Midland and Sanford gets very slippery.