S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Mom2Skaters
Senior Member
 
Mom2Skaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 840
Default Artistic Roller Skating Videos

Hello, all. I made a new name on You Tube called Artistic Roller Skatin. The g wouldn't fit on there. But anyway, my purpose was to create one account where I could subscribe to all the people I can find who have artistic roller skating videos on You Tube. I was thinking of having those who have won Nationals or Worlds on my favorites. Kinda to showcase those who have recently won. So, if you have videos on You Tube let me know and I'll subscribe to your channel. Thanks. (I already have a couple of people who post here on there already. But there are many that I don't recall their YouTube names.)
__________________
--Stacey
My daughter's skate videos
[url]www.youtube.com/staceyjr[/url]
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #2
MWehmeier
Skater - Coach SoCal
 
MWehmeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 1,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Skaters View Post
Hello, all. I made a new name on You Tube called Artistic Roller Skatin. The g wouldn't fit on there. But anyway, my purpose was to create one account where I could subscribe to all the people I can find who have artistic roller skating videos on You Tube. I was thinking of having those who have won Nationals or Worlds on my favorites. Kinda to showcase those who have recently won. So, if you have videos on You Tube let me know and I'll subscribe to your channel. Thanks. (I already have a couple of people who post here on there already. But there are many that I don't recall their YouTube names.)
Hello there...

My YouTube Channel Page is at http://www.youtube.com/mwehmeier. I put up all the videos from Worlds and some I edited from Nationals.

I tend to be consistant in how I put my name on sites... 99% of what I have up online (like flickr, google video and you tube) are all listed by my online name mwehmeier.

Mary Lu
__________________
Mary L. Wehmeier, Coach - Skater - Judge - Diamond Bar, CA
http://www.hellomarylu.com - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwehmeier/sets/
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/adultrollerskatingnews/
MWehmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Mom2Skaters
Senior Member
 
Mom2Skaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWehmeier View Post
Hello there...

My YouTube Channel Page is at http://www.youtube.com/mwehmeier. I put up all the videos from Worlds and some I edited from Nationals.

I tend to be consistant in how I put my name on sites... 99% of what I have up online (like flickr, google video and you tube) are all listed by my online name mwehmeier.

Mary Lu

Yup, I've got you on there. Thanks. I am usually StaceyJR everywhere, but I'm not that teenage guy in Florida who also uses StaceyJR. lol
__________________
--Stacey
My daughter's skate videos
[url]www.youtube.com/staceyjr[/url]
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Molydomancer
Senior Member
 
Molydomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 367
Default You Tube Artistic Roller Skating Videos

That looks a very useful way of finding all the artistic roller skating videos. I see you've even picked up videos of one of the girls at my kids' club (Hollie).

I didn't see spclifford in the list of people you have subscribed to. I was amazed by the videos of Ashley Clifford he posted.
Molydomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #5
Mom2Skaters
Senior Member
 
Mom2Skaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molydomancer View Post
That looks a very useful way of finding all the artistic roller skating videos. I see you've even picked up videos of one of the girls at my kids' club (Hollie).

I didn't see spclifford in the list of people you have subscribed to. I was amazed by the videos of Ashley Clifford he posted.

Yes, Ashley is so good! And a nice, cute little girl too. Spclifford should be there. I'll go take a look. I really wanted a way to easily see the roller skating videos without having to go through the non-artistic roller skating ones. No offense to other skaters. Also, may are from outside the United States.
__________________
--Stacey
My daughter's skate videos
[url]www.youtube.com/staceyjr[/url]
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #6
CANative64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Artistic Skating Videos

Howdy Folks

Please forgive me if there is a thread already devoted to this topic. But, I did some searching and have not been able to find one. So...

I'm hoping that the moderator of the forum will make this a sticky page for all of us , so we have a one stop thread to which we can come and view videos easily without searching all over the place. [Again, IF there is a sticky thread somewhere or another thread that is hosting video clips, I apologize and will be fine if the moderator feels it necessary to delete this thread.]

I started converting some old videos into digital files today, and so far have converted 9 [working on the 10th as I write this]. All of my videos are from the mid to late 1980's into the early 1990's. I am limited in what I have. But I do have some stuff that is not yet out there in the ether.

I began randomly with 1987. Why? Because it was the first video on the top of the stack...lol.... I will from here on out be uploading them with some semblance of chronological order. I would have embedded them here in the forum. But I have not yet cracked the embedding code for this site, and I am not interested in providing link after link.

So, for now I'll provide only one [link]; http://www.youtube.com/CAnative64

Please forgive me for taking more time to complete the process than one might expect. But the actual conversion process along with the uploading of files that are all in excess of 120mb in size takes some time. I'll get them up as fast as I can. But Lords knows it'll take a while.

I hope that you enjoy seeing these old clips. I know that for me, they bring back a lot of wonderful memories.

Peace and Happy Holidays,

CAnative64
  Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Carol Dahmen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2
Default Thank You!

Thank you so much for posting videos from these great skaters in the 80's. Perhaps if more people see how much better the skating was then, the sport will reinvent itself. There simply is no comparison to a Paul/Tina, John/Tammy etc to the pairs teams of today.

I look forward to you posting more videos!!!!!
Carol Dahmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #8
Kathie Fry
Forum Host
 
Kathie Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Venice Beach, California USA
Posts: 2,082
Default Merging "Artistic Videos" Discussions

Thanks CanNative, we do have at least one other "Artistic Videos" thread, so I merged your thread with that one. I think we have a few other video threads floating around also, so I will try to find them and merge them also.

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #9
CANative64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for digging this thread up out of the archives Kathie

I've added my thread as a nominee for the new 'most important thread/topics' thread that you created. I'm not sure if the link that I provided will include this merge that you have created....just wanted to let you know in case you see fit to add the thread and need to re-merge them once you do.


Peace

canative64
  Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #10
james pollard jr
Senior Member
 
james pollard jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 168
Default

CANative64... THANK YOU!!!! I know Jason has many links to videos as well..I hope we can add his to this thread... Keep them coming jp

Last edited by james pollard jr; December 27th, 2008 at 07:39 PM.
james pollard jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #11
kzarah
Senior Member
 
kzarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 299
Default attendance

I have been watching some of the videos from http://www.youtube.com/CAnative64 . One of the things that I can't help notice is the attendance. The arena is full. Also, ladies were able to do real inverted camels.
Today's skaters could be this good if the quit these lame attempts at, "triples" (I use the term triple very very loosely) and forget trying heel and broken ankle spins when you can't even spin on an edge.
What a difference ten years had made.
Daniel
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #12
CANative64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzarah View Post
I have been watching some of the videos from http://www.youtube.com/CAnative64 . One of the things that I can't help notice is the attendance. The arena is full. Also, ladies were able to do real inverted camels.
Today's skaters could be this good if the quit these lame attempts at, "triples" (I use the term triple very very loosely) and forget trying heel and broken ankle spins when you can't even spin on an edge.
What a difference ten years had made.
Daniel
Kzarah,

Your words certainly do ont fall on deaf ears. Indeed in the thread that I started in this category; http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15443 , I wrote a few things that directly correlate with what you are talking about [with respect to spins and attendance]...

Initially, I wrote:

" 7) Analysis of the failure to find the sport of Artistic Roller Skatingís true identity [athletic, aesthetic, biomechanics, image etc.] *.

8) * Sub-analysis of the bio-mechanics of the sport, and the changes within the sportsí rules/code of points over the last 30 years. How those who govern the sport have made efforts to change the way that it looks to the spectator [the aesthetics of the sport] through changes in technique of element execution, program creation/format, layout, costuming, music choices [including set pattern dance music], overall presentation of the athletes, as well as the production and organization of the competitive events, etc.

9) * Sub-analysis of the United Statesí decision to re-structure the sportsí competitive domestic event format to accommodate the declining numbers of participants [including but not limited to the ramifications (positive and negative) of the addition of divisions, removal of divisions, the combining of divisions, age-groups, etc.] "

Then in a later response added:

"Itís so blatantly obvious [to me] that the sport has no clue what itís identity is, and/or just how to embrace the multi-focal possibilities that it offers; so interested in somehow identifying itself with ice skating, attempting to draw parallels with respect to equipment, bio-mechanics, etc.

Iím assuming [with the full understanding that assumption is not safe, but no one is talking about it, so I have nothing more to go on] that certain people within the sport think that somehow if the sport looks and/or resembles ice skating, that itís popularity will grow in conjunction with itís favor with the IOC. Well good luck with that; getting anyone to somehow believe that the physics and biomechanics of the two sports are identical."

It's obvious that the code of points and rules, etc. have affected how the sport is performed, executed, etc. I think that your observation is one worth talking about further [in the appropriate threads of course ].

If you look at the trends and facts regarding the point system administered at the World level, you'll see that only heel spins and broken ankle spins are rewarded with difficulty points. Spins that contain 3,4 and 5 positions, changes of foot and multiple edge spins as part of a heel spin combination or broken ankle combination are rare,...and if they are done, they are not done well [exiting speed on spins at the World level is truly laughable].

The construction of the routines directly affects the aesthetic of the sport, the presentation of the sport and thus the appreciation [attendance and interest] of the sport. No, changing the way that routines are constructed and spins are reevaluated will not fix the problems...but analyzing the issue and perhaps re-thinking it, will certainly be a part of the greater picture of putting the sport back on track to where it could be... So much to do, so many little details to attend to.

I'll be adding 1985 singles and pairs, and 1989 singles and pairs in the next couple of days. Please feel free to add comments on youtube and rate the vids as well.


Peace

canative64
  Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #13
kzarah
Senior Member
 
kzarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 299
Default

Canative64
Thanks for your post and thanks for the videos. They are certainly from an era where skaters knew how to skate. I much prefer seeing doubles done well that crappy attempts at a triple.
Keep the video's coming. I can't wait to see the men and the ladies.
Pax
Daniel
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:05 AM   #14
kzarah
Senior Member
 
kzarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 299
Default

CAnative64
I am really enjoying these videos. I will make some comments in you tube. I really enjoy the Pattie Jefferson. I never heard of her since I quit skating about ten years earlier.
I am looking forward to more.
Daniel
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:58 AM   #15
CANative64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Daniel,

Glad you are enjoying the vids. Yes, Pattie Jefferson was a really nice skater.

If you look at her program elements in her 1985 routine [3rd] versus her 1987 routine [1st], I think that you'll agree that she skated with a great deal more speed and relaxed manner than she did when she won. Funny what pressure does to every skater at times.

I now have 44 videos that include 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1989 Ladies Singles and Pairs. I cannot seem to find my Men's stuff..... But I'll keep looking for it all.

Following Nationals stuff, I'll be posting lots of GoldSkate stuff.

Here's a request for any or all who read this to respond to [if you don't mind];

I have a small problem with the World-Class Pairs Final [from 1990] on video. I got the video from the National Office, and it came without sound. I called them there and asked them to re-send me the video and they said that they did not have an official copy with sound, only without.

That said, I am trying to decide on whether or not to post them without sound to youtube.

Larry McGrew and Tina Jerue's winning routine [to Stravinsky's Firebird Suite] from 1990 is already on youtube from another poster there, with sound. But, that is the only routine from 1990 that is posted. I have all of them from the final. But [once again] they are silent.

What do you all think? Would you like to see the routines in silence ? Or do you think that it would just be a waste of time for viewers to try to enjoy "silent movies" ???

I would love to hear your responses. I will post Ladies first and if you folks want to see the Pairs without sound, I'll post them. If not, I'll skip it. I trust your opinions on this inquiry.


Peace

canative64
  Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM   #16
Skatervideoguy
Senior Member
 
Skatervideoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Olathe, Ks
Posts: 958
Default

Hi Mom2Skaters & CANative64,

I happen to have some Video from the 84, 86, 87, & 90 National Artistic Finals, and the 87 and 92 Worlds Artisic Finals.

I got the Worlds off my then 10' Satilite Dish from the Canadian Satilite, and the Nationals from the Public TV - back then they actually broadcast them.

I can put them to DVD and send them to you, if you don't have them. You could them put them up on You Tube, or whatever.

Harold
__________________
297's on Centurys, 220's on Snyder Advantage, BackSpin 95's, Bones 97's, 98's, 101A's, Skating 65+yrs & still Rollin at 71+. Great Lifetime Hobby to have !
Skatervideoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:11 PM   #17
CANative64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatervideoguy View Post
Hi Mom2Skaters & CANative64,

I happen to have some Video from the 84, 86, 87, & 90 National Artistic Finals, and the 87 and 92 Worlds Artisic Finals.

I got the Worlds off my then 10' Satilite Dish from the Canadian Satilite, and the Nationals from the Public TV - back then they actually broadcast them.

I can put them to DVD and send them to you, if you don't have them. You could them put them up on You Tube, or whatever.

Harold
Harold,

Thanks... I am hoping that people will actually take the time to respond to my inquiry in the above post. Getting simple responses around here is like pulling teeth.

Are you not able to post your vids to youtube? If not, I would be happy to take on the task of converting them and posting them.

Here's the deal; I'd like to keep some continuity with what I have already posted so, I'd ask that if you want me to post things to my account on youtube, that you send me the following:

USA Nationals -
World Class [WC] Men's Final from 1984
Any and all WC finals from 1986
World Class Men's Final from 1987
World Class Men's and Pairs from 1990 [as I am still looking for the men's stuff and the sound on my pairs is missing...thanks National office].

Worlds-

Anything you have.

I would also ask that you take a look at the vids that you have to make sure that the quality is "decent", and that your converter [to disc] does not alter the quality too much. Also, I would ask that [at the very least] the coverage that we present from your tapes shows the top three placements in all the events listed above. If there are just clips of the events from here and there, I'll have to pass...not that I don't care about them. I do. I just [again] want to maintain continuity with the videos that I have already posted [which include either the top 4 placements in an event or the entire final].

If we decide to exchange personal information and make new uploads from your videos, I'll be using Handbrake http://handbrake.fr/ to convert them to the appropriate format for youtube. They would, however be posted to my account. If you are fine with that, think that the quality is as good or better then what I have posted on my account, then by all means, let's move forward on this. I'd love to post as much good stuff as I am able to.

Thanks for your posting here Harold.

Peace

canative64
  Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #18
Motterman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANative64 View Post
Daniel,

Glad you are enjoying the vids. Yes, Pattie Jefferson was a really nice skater.

If you look at her program elements in her 1985 routine [3rd] versus her 1987 routine [1st], I think that you'll agree that she skated with a great deal more speed and relaxed manner than she did when she won. Funny what pressure does to every skater at times.

I now have 44 videos that include 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1989 Ladies Singles and Pairs. I cannot seem to find my Men's stuff..... But I'll keep looking for it all.

Following Nationals stuff, I'll be posting lots of GoldSkate stuff.

Here's a request for any or all who read this to respond to [if you don't mind];

I have a small problem with the World-Class Pairs Final [from 1990] on video. I got the video from the National Office, and it came without sound. I called them there and asked them to re-send me the video and they said that they did not have an official copy with sound, only without.

That said, I am trying to decide on whether or not to post them without sound to youtube.

Larry McGrew and Tina Jerue's winning routine [to Stravinsky's Firebird Suite] from 1990 is already on youtube from another poster there, with sound. But, that is the only routine from 1990 that is posted. I have all of them from the final. But [once again] they are silent.

What do you all think? Would you like to see the routines in silence ? Or do you think that it would just be a waste of time for viewers to try to enjoy "silent movies" ???

I would love to hear your responses. I will post Ladies first and if you folks want to see the Pairs without sound, I'll post them. If not, I'll skip it. I trust your opinions on this inquiry.


Peace

canative64
David, please post what you have, and if we can ever find replacements with sound, you could just upload those....

Thanks for the time and effort on what you've done so far, they're awesome.

Cheers,

Ian
Motterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:33 PM   #19
kzarah
Senior Member
 
kzarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 299
Default

mom to skaters we have not see any new video clips of Stacy. Is she still skating?
kzarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.