S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old February 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #1
CandleMom

Default Looking for Women's Riedell Gold Star 375s, size 8.5 or 9

I'm looking for some figure boots for my 12-yr-old daughter. She's currently in a Riedell boot for freestyle, so I feel more comfortable with sticking with a Riedell boot, but would consider another brand. It just has to be a very stiff boot for figures. She needs a Riedell size 8.5, but a 9 would do. Anyone know of anything, new or used?
CandleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:27 AM   #2
angoraknitter

For a good figure boot you can try looking at ice boots because they're much stiffer. I've gotten some smashing deals on ebay and other online places.

Here's a 9.5 reidell royal for $99
http://www.usaskates.com/specials/special52.html

This is what I have, the Harlick Competitor Plus I found at on clearance last year for $175
http://www.usaskates.com/figureboots...gureboots.html

I found an new but older model silver star on ebay later for $75 as well.
http://www.usaskates.com/figureboots...gureboots.html

Here's a couple things I found for you on ebay:
SP Teri 9 1/2B brand new
http://cgi.ebay.com/SP-Teri-custom-s...QQcmdZViewItem

Another SP Teri size 8 1/2 AA/AB
http://cgi.ebay.com/SP-Teri-Super-Te...QQcmdZViewItem

When buying online, best thing to do is start with your measurements. stand on a peice of paper and have a second person trace the foot. Then measure the length and the width of the ball of the foot from the paper tracing.

Then go to the manufacturer measurements and determine what you best fit would be...or what range of sizes you could use.
Harlick

Reidell

SP Teri

And then internet search it till you find what will work for you and at the price you can afford.

Best of luck with that.

Susanna
angoraknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:52 AM   #3
angoraknitter

One more link for you.

Here's where I got my Harlicks.
Hockeymonkey figure skate liquidation...they've still got some left.
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #4
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by angoraknitter View Post

Then go to the manufacturer measurements and determine what you best fit would be...or what range of sizes you could use.
Harlick

Reidell

SP Teri

Best of luck with that.

Susanna

Hello again Angora!!! Thanks so much for posting the above links !!!

It's the first time I have been able to see a Riedell sizing chart and I now know I am not at fault "at all" for the mis-fit of my boots.
Acording to their chart my foot being 9-5/8" long should have a size 6-1/2 "not" the size 8 that the rink owner ordered for me after he measured.

Anyway... the problem is being resolved and in a few weeks I will have a proper fitting boots.
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #5
angoraknitter

Shoot, wish I could have been of help sooner...glad to hear you're getting something better.
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #6
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by angoraknitter View Post
Shoot, wish I could have been of help sooner...glad to hear you're getting something better.

Hi Angora!
It's been a while since I have answered one of your posts!

Well... it's been almost 5 mionths since the nightmare started and finally everything has been setteled. My boots came in two weeks ago and they fit properly, so now when I put my foot down I know exactly where it is going. Allen at Fantasy took his time measuring my feet and showed great patience working with me and Harlick to get a good fitting boot!

I choose Harlick Classic's this time and I am very happy with them. They are a great Dance Boot. There is a pic of them on my personal profile page I had them mounted on my old Snyder Imperial plates! They came in with the boot cut 'down one hook' instead of having the 'dance notch' cut.... but I do recomend the lower cut rather than the dance notch now... it gives allot more flexability.

Thanks for all the information, encouragement and assistance you gave!
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #7
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNaDo View Post
Hi Angora!
It's been a while since I have answered one of your posts!

Well... it's been almost 5 mionths since the nightmare started and finally everything has been setteled. My boots came in two weeks ago and they fit properly, so now when I put my foot down I know exactly where it is going. Allen at Fantasy took his time measuring my feet and showed great patience working with me and Harlick to get a good fitting boot!

I choose Harlick Classic's this time and I am very happy with them. They are a great Dance Boot. There is a pic of them on my personal profile page I had them mounted on my old Snyder Imperial plates! They came in with the boot cut 'down one hook' instead of having the 'dance notch' cut.... but I do recomend the lower cut rather than the dance notch now... it gives allot more flexability.

Thanks for all the information, encouragement and assistance you gave!

Regina glad you got your new skates and like them. are they stiffer then the 336s? i know they fit you better and most of the dance skaters here always have their boots cut down a hook or even 2. have fun,,,,,oh by the way they look great also
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #8
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
Regina glad you got your new skates and like them. are they stiffer then the 336s? i know they fit you better and most of the dance skaters here always have their boots cut down a hook or even 2. have fun,,,,,oh by the way they look great also
Yes, a little stiffer than the 336's... but still comfortable. They fit (as another dance skater said...) "like a glove"! Which of course makes my feet ache a little until I get used to them. But at least I don't slip around.

It all turned out great though... my daughter in law has the Riedell's now. We got plates for them, we had a set of Bones 101's in the closet so we gave them to her and she is adjusting well. She wore her little "speedies" for 20 years, so boots are a big change for her! But there she was last Tuesday skating backwards and doing some turns... she made a few funny faces but she loves them. Now our next big challange is to get our grandson out of those 'inlines' and into mom's old speedie quads!!!

The 'cut down'... I was a little upset when I found out they came in that way... But now I am 'very happy' with it!!! Highly recommend it too !!!

LOL ...yes... a little bit-o-Nostalgia in the pic for us old timers to enjoy!

Thanks Rick for all you assistance too!
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #9
rwsz

Regina glad it worked out for you and your daughter. enjoy them and like you said get the grandson on quads. maybe he will be doing singles soon