S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:45 AM   #1
retread

Default Organ roller skating sessions....any in your area?

I've been enjoying the wonderful Sunday night sessions at Sportsman's Hall in Baltimore County Maryland. Are there any happening near you?

Bob

search engine test post.
retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM   #2
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Here is some information about Sportsmans Hall in case anybody wants to head on over there to skate to the organ music...

The Sportsman Hall Roller Skating Rink in Upperco, Maryland has live organ music on Sunday evenings from 7 to 10 pm. Organists Marty Dumic, Corey Friedinger, Ralph Brown rotate playing. Also has regular open sessions and special theme nights such as family night, Christian music night, 80's night and country music night. The Sportsmans Hall Roller Skating Rink first opened in 1959.

ADDRESS: 15500 Hanover Pike, Upperco, Maryland 21155
PHONE: 410-239-3697
WEB SITE: SportsmansHall.com

Quote:
search engine test post.
LOL... well I can't promise it will take only a few minutes like it did the other day but I bet you will see it in Google within a few days. I will keep checking too!

Last edited by Kathie Fry; April 23rd, 2008 at 04:14 PM.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:04 PM   #3
retread

Wow.....first hit on Google this morning! Put in "organ roller skate" and BANG!Good prediction Kathie! I guess this is the way to go.

Bob
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #4
Philphine

i know the rink i go to off and on has them, but i've never been interested in going to those sessions. so i can't say any more than that they have them. robbens roost in louisville ky.
Philphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Gypsyjuggler

Default Brookpark Skateland, Cleveland Ohio

Brookpark Skateland in Cleveland Ohio has organ music on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights. I think the morning sessions during the week as well is organ, but I'm not totally sure on those.

I think Mike Clemens is the organist. I have seen him play a few times, but he is also our DJ for regular top 40 sessions.

Gypsyjuggler
Gypsyjuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:40 PM   #6
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Default List of Live Organ Music Roller Skating Sessions

I gathered up all of the information people have been posting about live organ music skating sessions and I compiled it into a list. I've listed organ skating sessions in eight different states: California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, and Pennsylvania.

Live Organ Music Skating Sessions

Does all of the information on that page look correct and did I leave off any sessions? If you have skated more then one of the above sessions, which one did you like best?

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #7
belladonna

Fantasy's 2 organ Sundays a month run from 7-10pm.

You and I have found out that being normal sucks, because we're freaks. The advantage of being a freak is it makes you stronger.--House
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #8
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
I gathered up all of the information people have been posting about live organ music skating sessions and I compiled it into a list. I've listed organ skating sessions in eight different states: California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, and Pennsylvania.

Live Organ Music Skating Sessions

Does all of the information on that page look correct and did I leave off any sessions? If you have skated more then one of the above sessions, which one did you like best?

- Kathie
Hi Kathie
Olympic Tuesday Evenings is 7pm to 9:30pm with a set of Dance Steps right after Session.
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #9
retread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphine View Post
i know the rink i go to off and on has them, but i've never been interested in going to those sessions. so i can't say any more than that they have them. robbens roost in louisville ky.
Even if you aren't interested, I thank you very much for the information!

Bob

Edit: I has been assumed by some that this reply is a rub. It is not. I am truly grateful that someone not intrested in organ skating music took the time to list it here. Thank you again.

Last edited by retread; April 30th, 2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Someone thinks I'm hurtful
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #10
dopey358

Default Organ music

Those were the days....

I own a rink in Florida and WISH I had a live organ skating session. I wouldn't know if there would be any interest and wouldn't want to invest alot of money setting something up that would flop. Plus, I can't play an organ and would need an organist. Any ideas out there??

Reply to skatetown@earthlink.net

Thanks,
Harry
dopey358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #11
retread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey358 View Post
Those were the days....

I own a rink in Florida and WISH I had a live organ skating session. I wouldn't know if there would be any interest and wouldn't want to invest alot of money setting something up that would flop. Plus, I can't play an organ and would need an organist. Any ideas out there??

Reply to skatetown@earthlink.net

Thanks,
Harry

Absolutely....for years the orgainist I skated to (Bill Clark) was living on 7inch reel to reel tapes. I'm sure you could make an arrangement with one of the current organists for recorded music. Want me to ask for you?

Bob
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #12
dopey358

Default music

Actually, recorded music is easy to come by. We used to do a daytime "senior" session using recorded organ music but it is just not the same as a live organ. If I were to even think about trying to attract the type of crowd that travels (sometimes for hours) to attend an organ music session it would HAVE to be LIVE music.

Harry
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #13
retread

Quote:
Actually, recorded music is easy to come by. We used to do a daytime "senior" session using recorded organ music but it is just not the same as a live organ. If I were to even think about trying to attract the type of crowd that travels (sometimes for hours) to attend an organ music session it would HAVE to be LIVE music.

Harry

Agreed, but whose music is easy to come by? I tried for years to find Bill Clark music,no dice. (BTW, he's retired in Florida) I don't care for the Rinx Records type organ music,this is the real deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqBMCb61OA

You could test the market with recorded, and if it looks like it might fly, see about finding an organist. Good SKATING organists are hard to come by.

Bob
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #14
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
Agreed, but whose music is easy to come by? I tried for years to find Bill Clark music,no dice. (BTW, he's retired in Florida) I don't care for the Rinx Records type organ music,this is the real deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqBMCb61OA

You could test the market with recorded, and if it looks like it might fly, see about finding an organist. Good SKATING organists are hard to come by.

Bob
Hi Bob...
Marty and Ralph both have CD's for sale... I am not sure about Corey !
Just ask them on the different Sunday's... Marty or Ralph could give you Bill Clarks information for ordering!

EDIT: add info...
perhaps we could have them get their contact info to Kathie for anyone who would like to order CD's!
Old May 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #15
dopey358

Default Music

I understand what you're saying....and I agree....I would like to get my hands on a CD or two and if after listening to them I think the session will fly I might just give it a shot.

If anyone knows or can find out who to contact please either post it here or contact me at skatetown@earthlink.net.

Thanks,
Harry
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #16
retread

Talked to Ralph Brown last night, (you have e-mail) and I'll speak to Marty Dumic next week.

Bob
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #17
dopey358

Default music

"you have email"???? No I don't! Haven't heard from anyone.

Harry
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #18
retread

Quote:
"you have email"???? No I don't! Haven't heard from anyone.

Harry

Really?? I could have swore I sent you one. I'll do it again. I sent Ralph Browns info, I'll do the same with Marty Dumic after I see him this Sunday. I also understand Marty has the rights to Bill Clark's music. Info to follow.

Bob
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #19
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
Really?? I could have swore I sent you one. I'll do it again. I sent Ralph Browns info, I'll do the same with Marty Dumic after I see him this Sunday. I also understand Marty has the rights to Bill Clark's music. Info to follow.

Bob
Hi Bob and hello again Harry...
Harry, as per our e-mails, I passed all your info that you sent on to Marty last week.
He has your e-mail and Rink name and address.
regina
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #20
retread

Nice to speak with you Harry....I love Ralph's music, he sends me home exhausted and smiling every time, but I think he's being dragged kicking and screaming into the info age....ain't much on answering e mails!

Bob